MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
M. Tech. Computer Engineering and Networking – MRIIRS
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,16,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3300|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||I – Merit on the basis of Valid GATE|
II – Merit in Qualifying Exam
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% Marks or equivalent CGPA in B.Tech.- Electronics & Communication Engg. / Telecommunication Engg./ Computer Science & Engg. / Information Technology/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. / Instrumentation & Control Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg. / Electrical Engg. / Power Electronics or MCA or MSc-Computer Science / Information Technology/ Electronics / Physics/ Mathematics as one of the subjects|
PEOs : Program Educational Objectives
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), in consultation with various stakeholders have formulated the Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs). These are broad statements describing the career and professional accomplishments of the graduates, that the programme is preparing them to achieve, subsequent to receiving the degree. The PEOs of the M. Tech Programme in Computer Engineering are as follows:
PEO-1: To produce post graduate (PG) engineers who are ready to contribute research & development(R&D) effectively to the advancement of Computer Science applications.
PEO-2: To Engage in professional practices to promote the development of innovative systems and optimized solutions.
PEO-3: To work collaboratively on multidisciplinary projects and exhibit
high levels of professional and ethical values within organization and society globally.
PEO-4: To Enhance skills and adapt new computing technologies for attaining professional excellence and carrying research.
PEO-5: To impart knowledge and skills to analyze, design, test and implement various softwares and be engaged in life – long learning.
POs: Program Outcomes
On completion of the M.Tech(Computer Engineering) programme, the students shall be able -:
- To apply knowledge of mathematical, scientific, and computer science to evaluate, analyze, synthesize, model and integrate technologies to develop new computer system for applied engineering systems.
- To generate optimized solutions by formulating and implementing analytical tools for upcoming issues in the field of computer science and engineering.
- To design and develop a system to meet desired needs within social areas such as economics, environmental, and ethics.
- To work upon unfamiliar problems through investigative studies and research and contribute to the development of technological knowledge and intellectual property.
- To transfer technology effectively on broadly defined engineering needs with engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective technical reports, presentations and software tools.
- To possess knowledge for functioning effectively, as a member or team leader, in software projects considering multidisciplinary environments.
- To learn reflectively from mistakes, engage in lifelong learning, adapt new developments and participate in continuing education opportunities to foster personal and organizational growth.
- To demonstrate independent learning and scholarship by adopting research pursuits.
- To use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, including simulation and modeling for engineering needs.
- To understand contemporary issues in providing technology solutions for sustainable development considering impact on economic, social, political, and global issues and thereby contribute to the welfare of the society.
- To demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior and commitment to code of conduct of professional practices and standards.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs):
PSO-1: To apply Software Engineering Principles and Practices to provide software solutions.
PSO-2: To design and Develop Network, Mobile and Web-based Computational systems under realistic constraints.
PSO-3: To design efficient algorithms and develop effective code.
|M.Tech in Computer Engineering and Networking|
|Subject Code||Subject||Periods/Week||Marks||Duration of Exam||Credits|
foundations of Computer Science
|PC-CS-M-102||Advanced Data Structures||3||0||0||3||50||100||150||3 hrs||3|
|Program Elective I||3||0||0||3||50||100||150||3 hrs||3|
|Program Elective II||3||0||0||3||50||100||150||3 hrs||3|
|COM-100||Research Methodology and IPR||2||0||0||2||50||50||100||3 hrs||2|
|LC-CS-M-112||Advanced Data Structures Lab||0||0||4||4||50||50||100||3 hrs||2|
|Lab Course Based on Elective||0||0||4||4||50||50||100||3 hrs||2|
|Audit course 1 & 2|
|AC-M-101||English for Research Paper Writing|
|AC-M-103||Sanskrit for Technical Knowledge|
|AC-M-105||Constitution of India|
|AC-M-107||Stress Management by Yoga|
|AC-M-108||Personality Development through Life Enlightenment Skills|
|Program Elective II||Program Elective I|
|PE-CS-M-124||Data Science||PE-CS-M-121||Machine Learning|
|PE-CS-M-125||Distributed Systems||PE-CS-M-122||Wireless Sensor Networks|
|PE-CS-M-126||Advanced Wireless and Mobile Networks||PE-CS-M-123||Introduction to Intelligent Systems|
Excellent placements with over 90% of its eligible/ willing students placed in companies namely Microsoft, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, L&T Infotech, HCL, IBM, Hewitt, Tata Telecom, NIIT, Dell, Capital IQ, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea etc. With the introduction of specializations in B.Tech (CSE) Programme, placement opportunities for the students pass-out from the specialized programme will get further enhanced in a big way. In addition, placement opportunities are also available in the organizations such as DRDO, ISRO, ONGC, NIC, BSNL, Armed Forces, IES, Civil Services, Banking, Health Sector, etc.
The introduction of specializations in M.Tech (CE) Programmes such as Computer Networking (CN) aims at exposing students to the current edge of research.
Many students opt for higher studies/research in India/Abroad. The programmes running in the Department also prepare the students to choose a career in research and development, which provide an excellent foundation for Ph.D. study.
|Marks / CGPA in Qualifying Examination||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80% and above||100%|
|75% to 79.99%||50%|
|70% to 74.99%||25%|
There is a Provision of Teaching Assistantship for the candidate enrolled for M.Tech Programme, as detailed below:
Candidate in PG programmes could be associated with faculty member for proper, grooming, mentorship & providing assistance to the faculty as and when required. The selected candidates having more than 70% overall marks or 7.00 CGPA in the qualifying examination shall be provided teaching assistantship on the recommendations of the committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Under this provision, such candidates shall be required to engage with Professors/Associate Professors of the University for Practical and Tutorial Classes with total assignments of 8-10 periods/week and they shall be paid stipend of Rs. 10000/- per month with a maximum limit of payment for 12 months during the complete duration of the M.Tech programme.
*The candidate of M.Tech Programme can either avail the above free ship policy for PG programme or Teaching Assistantship.