MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
M.Sc. Mathematics – MRU
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,06,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3300|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||I – Merit in MRNAT 2020|
II – Graduation Qualifying Examinatio
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons.) with 50% or more marks in relevant subjects.|
SECTION WEIGHTAGE PARAMETERS
Click here to view course structure of M.Sc. Mathematics
To equip students with broad and deep mathematical knowledge with an aim towards developing logical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills to build their understanding of mathematical concepts and their applications.
- Knowledge &Abstract thinking: Ability to absorb and understand the abstract concepts that lead to various advanced theories in mathematical sciences and their applications in real life problems.
- Modelling and solving: Ability in modelling and solving problems by identifying and employing the appropriate existing theories and methods.
- Advanced theories and methods: Understand advanced theories and methods to design solutions for complex mathematical problems and results.
- Applications in Engineering and Sciences: Understand the role of mathematical sciences and apply the same to solve the real-life problems in various fields of study.
- Modern software tool usage: Acquire the skills in handling scientific tools towards problem solving and solution analysis.
- Ethics: Imbibe ethical, moral and social values in personal and social life. Continue to enhance the knowledge and skills in mathematical sciences for constructive activities and demonstrate highest standards of professional ethics.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Develop various communication skills such as reading, listening, and speaking which will help in expressing ideas and views clearly and effectively.
- Research: Demonstrate knowledge, understand mathematical & scientific theories and apply these to one’s own work, as a member/ leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary research environments. Also use the research-based knowledge to analyse and solve advanced problems in mathematical sciences.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Professional Growth: Keep on discovering new avenues in the chosen field and exploring areas that remain conducive for research and development
Mathematicians have vast opportunities in academia & industry. Student can go for Teaching, Actual science, MBA, Research, Banking Sector, UPSC, Civil Services etc.