MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
M. Tech. in Automation and Robotics in associations with Mitsubishi- MRIIRS
*Approved by AICTE: Click here
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,16,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3300|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||I – Merit on the basis of Valid GATE|
II – Merit in Qualifying Exam
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% Marks or equivalent CGPA in B.Tech.- Electronics &|
Instrumentation Engg. / Instrumentation & Control Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg/ Electrical Engg./Power Electronics or Electronics as one of the subjects
M.Tech-Automation and Robotics is offered in association with Mitsubishi Electric India Ltd.: Mitsubishi Electric India has set-up an Advanced Factory Automation Lab and its Centre of Excellence. The center has world class infrastructure with latest iQR set up including: Q series Programmable logic Controller (PLC), Servo, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), Graphical Operational Terminal (GOT)2000 ,X-Y Plotter, FX Kits, Robot Simulator setup with with six axis joint &240 degree in either direction which is the First Robotics Lab set up by MEI in the north India and SCADA Software for monitoring and analysis. An M.Tech specialization with Industrial Automation & Robotics will enable students to serve the Industry requirement for implementation of new and smart technologies covering methods of synthesis, analysis & optimization of newer robots and mechanisms. The initial job functions in the field include- Robotics Engineer, Robotics Wielding, Mobile Robotics, 3D Robotics, and Robotics Engineer at E-commerce Giants amongst others. Immediate & long term employment opportunities exist in the fields like industrial automation, manufacturing, agriculture, mining, aerospace, healthcare and defense. This field also finds applications in the regular streams like mechanical systems/design engineering, electronics systems engineering and control systems engineering.
The programme includes: Hands-on Experience on Robotics and Automation by Theory & Practice, Development of analytical skills, modeling and simulation skills to identify and analyze problems, propose and execute solutions in well equipped labs and Training on latest lab equipments, CNC machining, 3-D printers and CAD design software.
The increased demand of current industry for efficiency and safety has led to a greater need for professionals with an added expertise in the field of ‘Robotics & Automation’. Robotics & Automation combines design, construction, operation, and application of robots coupled with computer based control systems, sensory feedback, and information processing. The design of a robotic system puts together principles of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering.
M.Tech in Industrial Automation & Robotics Engineering involves design, development and up-gradation in terms of automating products, systems and processes in every walk of human life. It includes:
- Hands-on Experience of Robotics and Automation by Theory & Practice.
- Well equipped labs which help in development of analytical skills, modeling and simulation skills to identify and analyze problems, propose and execute solutions.
- Training on latest lab equipments Programmable Logic Controllers& SCADA,Simple Motion Control,Variable Frequency Drives, Robotics and Graphic Operation Terminal.
M.Tech specialization with Industrial Automation & Robotics Engineering will enable students to serve the Industry requirement for implementation of new and smart technologies covering methods of synthesis, analysis & optimization of newer robots and mechanisms. Immediate & long term employment opportunities exist in the fields like Industrial Automation, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Mining, Aerospace, Healthcare and Defense. Also this field finds applications in the regular streams like Mechanical systems/design engineering, Electronics systems engineering and Control systems engineering.
Some Major Recruiters are
- Honda Trading Corporation India Pvt Ltd
- Daikin Air-conditioning India Pvt. Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electric India Ltd
- Panasonic Industrial Asia Pvt. Ltd.
- Sharp Business Systems (India) Ltd
- Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
- Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Asahi India Glass Ltd.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd.
- Hitachi Metglas (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- MarutiUdyog Ltd
- Denso India Ltd
- L & T Chiyoda Ltd.
USPs/ highlights of the course:
- Training at Mitsubishi Electric India, Gurugram on complete Automation set up comprising of Programmable Logic Controllers & SCADA, Simple Motion Control, Variable Frequency Drives, Robotics and Graphic Operation Terminal and other latest automation products.
- Opportunity for students to work 24*7 in the Centre of Excellence “Factory Automation Lab” established by Mitsubishi Electric India in the dept. which includes iQ-R Learning setup, Robotics & SCADA software to provide exposure to the students in the Automation sector.
- Course contents designed in consultation with the experts from Mitsubishi so as to make curriculum compatible with industrial requirements.
- Mentorship by Mitsubishi in designing of projects, conducting expert lectures and visits to the industries.
- To analyze problems and to execute solutions well equipped Simulation and Power Electronics Labs. (In association with Infineon).
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty from reputed institutes like IITs, NITs and experts from Mitsubishi Electric India.
|Marks / CGPA in Qualifying Examination||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80% and above||100%|
|75% to 79.99%||50%|
|70% to 74.99%||25%|
There is a Provision of Teaching Assistantship for the candidate enrolled for M.Tech Programme, as detailed below:
Candidate in PG programmes could be associated with faculty member for proper, grooming, mentorship & providing assistance to the faculty as and when required. The selected candidates having more than 70% overall marks or 7.00 CGPA in the qualifying examination shall be provided teaching assistantship on the recommendations of the committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Under this provision, such candidates shall be required to engage with Professors/Associate Professors of the University for Practical and Tutorial Classes with total assignments of 8-10 periods/week and they shall be paid stipend of Rs. 10000/- per month with a maximum limit of payment for 12 months during the complete duration of the M.Tech programme.
*The candidate of M.Tech Programme can either avail the above free ship policy for PG programme or Teaching Assistantship.