MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
M.Tech-Civil Engineering (Part Time) (with specialization in Structural Engineering/ Construction Management & Transportation Engineering) – MRIIRS
M. Tech (Civil Engineering) with Specialization in Structural Engg./Construction Management/Transportation Engg. is being offered as a 3-year part time program based on the concept “Learn while you earn”. This has been designed for the industry professionals so that they can expand on their technical knowledge as specialized Engineers and aim for better salary packages. The course structure is the same as for regular 2-year program based on AICTE model curriculum but the part time mode is spread over 6 semesters. The curriculum includes State-of-Art industry as well as research-oriented courses with wide range of discipline and open electives.
The program also expects to build a strong network of practicing professionals and Entrepreneurship exposure through dedicated on campus in-cubation center.
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||95,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3300|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||I – Merit on the basis of Valid GATE|
II – Merit in Qualifying Exam
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% Marks or equivalent CGPA in B.Tech.-Civil Engg.|
|Course Component||Curriculum Content (% of total number of credits of the program )||Total number of Contact Hours||Total number of credits|
|Total number of Credits||74|
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions,checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking atour ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from differentperspectives.
- Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and inone Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books,media and technology.
- Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
- Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity centered national development, and theability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life throughvolunteering.
- Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions ofyour decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest contextsocio-technological changes
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Structural Engineering/ Construction management/ Transportation engineering in real problems, and intellectually integrate it across multipledisciplines.
- Employ technical knowledge to Structural Engineering/ Construction management/ Transportation engineering research, consultancy and management with high ethical values towards social, environmental and economic issues.
India is going through an intense phase of rapid infrastructure development. This throws up possibilities of absorption of Civil Engineers in a big way. Presently, huge demand and supply gap exists for Civil Engineers in the market. A good number of students have been placed in reputed companies such as Ashoka Buildcon, Rothenberger, PNB Housing Finance, Earth Infrastructure Pvt LTD, GR Infra Projects Ltd, KMC Construction, PNC Infratech Ltd, Sushee Infra Pvt Ltd, TCS, Theme Engineering, Unihorn, Vishwa Infrastructure, SGS-Technomech, Top Surveying, Prathishta Group, Cinda Engineering, Supertech etc. Besides, the department looks forward for tying up with other companies for opening up other windows for recruitment of students. Some of the students have also opted for higher studies in both National and International Universities.