M.Sc. Chemistry – MRU
Duration 2 years
M.Sc Chemistry with specialization in
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
The MSc chemistry course is designed in such a way that permits the students to enhance their skills and knowledge on fundamental as well as advanced levels of chemistry. The gained knowledge is further nourished with various industry oriented courses taught in mode of value added course like computational chemistry; chemistry in cement manufacturing; chemistry in food and agriculture etc. Foundation courses are being taught in the first semester along with laboratory experiment in well-equipped chemistry labs to enhance their hands-on various experiments. To elaborate their research skills and to evolve their potential in writing research papers Scientific research is introduced in second and third semester, which involves identifying the problem, survey of literature, critical thinking, planning of experiment and execution followed by presentation of their work via seminars, poster/oral presentation in conferences and finally reporting and defending their thesis. The final semester of our program is designed for the overall growth of the students by exposing them to real world in form of six months of training in Research and Development laboratories, pharmaceutical industries, paint industries etc.
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||93,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 2500|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list
||I – Merit in MRNAT
II – Graduation Qualifying Examination.
||Pass in B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons.) with 50% or more marks in relevant subjects.|
To develop students as successful professionals and as effective researchers.
- Are able to use modern library searching and retrieval methods to obtain information about a topic, chemical, chemical technique, or an issue relating to chemistry.
- Knows the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling and use of chemicals and can follow the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling when using chemicals.
- Are able to communicate the results of their work to chemists and non-chemists.
- Understand the ethical, historic, philosophical, and environmental dimensions of problems and issues facing chemists.
- Find gainful employment in industry or government, be accepted at graduate or professional schools (law, medicine, etc.), or find employment in school systems as instructors or administrators.
Pharmaceuticals; Chemical Analysis and Synthesis, Quality Control and Quality Assurance; Patent practice, Environmental Law, Forensic Science Lab. Technical Writing, Environmental Conservation & Sustainability, Research Labs.
Program Structure of MSc_ 2017-19
Program Structure of MSc_ 2016-18
Program Structure of MSc_ 2018-20
Program Structure of MSc_ 2019-21