MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
B. Tech Electronics and Computer (with Specialisation in HealthCare Technology) in association with Sahai Research labs- MRU
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,81000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US$5000|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Merit preparation/ short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in JEE Mains 2020/SAT/Uni Gauge E 2021/ MRNAT 2021/ XII Qualifying Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects and eligibility shall be determined on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks in|
i. English, Physics & Mathematics and
ii. One subject out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology and
iii. One subject with the highest score out of the remaining subjects.
Average Minimum Salary Package offered: 7 lacs
The course at Manav Rachna University is an innovation driven course, to create entrepreneurs which support MAKE IN INDIA CAMPAIGN. The course focuses towards development of low-cost medical devices and thus fulfillthe medical facility needs of Indian society in villages and remote areas. The students are motivated, guided and encouraged to come up with their own innovation design and prototype and become entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
- Focus on prototype development the students are motivated to Develop affordable healthcare devices catering to the Indian society and demands.
- Industry driven curriculum The course curriculum is developed by industry experts. Sahai Research Labs, a group of experts from various industries and IITans has established an extension center at Manav Rachna University. The extension center provides permanent guidance in project-based learning and organizes special lectures and workshops as per need.
- Multidisciplinary Projects The courses and projects focus on bringing together knowledge from computers and mechanical engineering along with electronics to come up with the patent filing guidance along with market research of healthcare equipment.
The goal of the course is to build up incremental learning and accomplish practical and translational success by merging together knowledge from various branches of science and engineering and formulate effective approaches catering to the medical needs of Indian society in village and remote areas and become successful entrepreneurs thus contributing to MAKE IN INDIA campaign.
- Bridge the gap between engineering and medicine.
- Develop low-cost, more accurate and effective devices for health procedures including diagnosis, evaluation, care and therapy.
- Research and innovate in the field of medical engineering.
The area of innovation in healthcare technology covers medical science and engineering methods in the diagnostic techniques and in providing effective healthcare. This area applies engineering expertise, in particular electronics, with the goal of devising revolutionary methods for treating diseases and diseases using modern medical devices. Over recent years, developments in the field have resulted in the implementation of a variety of advanced medical equipment that has revolutionized the field of healthcare and played an important part in inventing treatments for different conditions.
A healthcare technology Engineer designs and manufactures repair and maintenance electronic devices, MRI, patient monitors and defibrillators etc. Medical engineers create techniques to automate insulin injections or to regulate certain functions of the body. In this sector, the gap between engineering and health is to be bridged. The discipline is a blend of engineering design and problem-solving skills with medical and biological sciences to improve medical treatments such as diagnostics, tracking, diagnosis and care.
Continued research in the fields of biomechanics, medical imaging, Bio-Signal Processing and Bio-sensors is encouraged by ever growing demand for advanced medical devices and systems. Career opportunities include employment in testing laboratory, medical equipment repair hospital and technical software development for technical electronics engineers.
A. STUDENT EARNS STIPEND IN LAST TWO SEMESTERS
Students who show consistent performance in the first six semesters and clear the selection process of prototype development, would be offered.
- Stipend will be given in seventh and eighth semester to students with consistent performance and contribution in prototype development
- IndustryCertified internships on campus.
- Patent filing support and guidance.
- Guidance for innovation and start-ups.
- Broad areas of Current Openings
- Application of Threshold detection using Arduino
- Surveillance system using Raspberry -pi
- Application of Image processing on Raspberry-pi
- Real time attendance marking system using machine learning prototyped on Rasp-Pi
- Deep Learning based prototype for cancer detection from images of scans.
- ML/AI based Virus detection using X-ray Imaging
- Idea is to build a classifier based on X-Ray imaging for positive and negative cases and use it to detect COVID-19 on test subjects.
- Data Analytics prediction for travel restriction in areas affected by COVID-19depending on the data available from free sources on number of positive cases per area, predictor to help plan travel to an unknown area.
Who can Apply:
Applicants must have knowledge of DHD/ VHDL / AI / ML / Image Processing.
Minimum Stipend that a student can earn
- Final year Undergraduates (B. E / B. Tech): 9000/- per month or more.
- Post graduates (ME / MTech): 18000/- per month or more
B. HONOURS DEGREE:
Students earning 20 extra credits along with B. Tech ECM (sp. Healthcare Technology) would be awarded an B. Tech ECM HONS. (sp. Healthcare Technology)
Sahai Research Labs Extension Center at MRU
Sahai Research Labshas established an Extension Center at MRU which supports 24*7 (online and offline) guidance in prototype development. It supports relevant industry-oriented workshops and exposure to latest technology. A MOU has been signed with Manav Rachna University.
- Healthcare technology currently covers about 41% of the market. The scope of jobs includes oncology, radiology, neurology and various medical fields. The end users include hospitals, diagnostic centers and research centers.
- The research and business areas include medical visualization and augmented reality, virtual anatomy, digital pathology, organ localization and various other areas in the medical field.
- There are a number of career prospects for biomedical engineers such as the Medical Engineering, the Biomaterials Engineering, the Biomechanics Engineering, and Research and Development Research at academic institutes and public institutions, both colleges and universities in India and outside India. In the areas of R&D, manufacturing or marketing, Biomedical Engineering is used by existing Indian companies such as Larsen & Toubro, BPL, Wipro Medical and Siemens.
Relevant Facilities and Opportunities at MREI
- Biotechnology Research Lab
- Medical Lab Technology Lab facilities at MRIIRS
- MRDC labs and clinics
- Department of Physiotherapy- labs
- Innovation at Manav Rachna (Manav Rachna develops low cost ventilator: Click here
- Flatiron Health
- Collective Health
- Rally Health
- Verge Genomics
- Strata Decision Technology
- Hinge Health
- Fortis Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- Wipro Medical
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Sap Labs
- Transasia Biomedical
- Wipro Biomedical
- GE Biomedical
About Sahai Research Labs
Sahai Research Labs, 905, Nicolas-1, Supertech Czar Suites, Omicron-1, Greater Noida-201310, Uttar Pradesh, India is involved in promoting research and development of low cost and affordable healthcare devices and technologies. SAHAI RESEARCH LABS is a research focused organization committed to develop low cost healthcare products and technologies and aimed at transforming lives of poor and needy people across the globe.
They work across the industry verticals in areas like IOT, FPGAs, Embedded Systems, High Level Synthesis etc.
Industry Oriented Workshops (for faculty and students) organized
- “Artificial Intelligence using Python” E, Santosh Sharma, Data Scientist, Ericsson.
- Expert talk on “Future of Artificial Intelligence” by Kushal Tandon, Data Scientist, Mu-Sigma, Bangalore
- Workshop on VHDL for faculty by Prateek Sikka, Director, Sahai Research Labs,
- Workshop on Verilog for faculty by Prateek Sikka, Director, Sahai Research Labs
MoU with Sahai Research Labs
The department of ECE, MRU signed a MoU with Sahai Research Labs, Greater Noida on August 6, 2019. Sahai Research Labs is a research focused organization committed to develop low cost healthcare products and technologies and aimed at transforming lives of poor and needy people across the globe. Read More