MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
|Sanctioned Intake||*Seats to be filled by State Govt.||*Seats to be filled up at College Level (including NRI Seats)|
*These are tentative division of seats and are subject to change by the State Govt.
A person seeking admission in BDS programme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- He / She will attain the age of 17 years or more on 31-12-2018. The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
In case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/ Scheduled tribes/ Other Backward Classes the marks obtained be read as 40% instead of 50%.
- The candidate who have passed qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible provided they fulfill the conditions laid sown at ii) above.
- Diploma in Pharmacy and Dresser’s Course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission in BDS course.
Duration of Course
The undergraduate dental programme leading to BDS Degree shall be of 4 (four) academic years with 240 teaching days in each academic year, plus one year rotating internship in MRDC. The internship is compulsory and BDS Degree shall be granted after completion of one year internship.
Process of Admission
Admissions against Seats to be filled up at College Level (including NRI / leftover seats) will be done in a fair and transparent manner by the College by adhering to the directions of the Government of India, the Dental Council of India and policies laid down by the Government of Haryana and on the basis of merit of the AIPMT/NEET.
Subjects of Study
Every candidate shall be required to study the following subjects for various professional examinations.
- B.D.S. Examination
- General anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
- B.D.S. Examination
- General pathology and Microbiology
- General and dental pharmacology and therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- Pre Clinical Conservative – Only practical and vice voce
- Pre Clinical Prosthodontics – Only practical and vice voce
III. B.D.S. Examination
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- B.D.S. Examination
- Public Health Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedic
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative and Endodontics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
Syllabus of the subjects of study is prescribed by Dental Council of India and approved by Academic Council of Pt. B. D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
- The examination shall be held twice in a year, one regular in the month of July/August and other supplementary in the month of Oct/Nov without and with late fee as fixed by Vice-Chancellor.
- The date fixed for the receipt of application form and fee for examination without and with late fee, as fixed by the Vice-Chancellor shall be notified by controller of examination.
BDS Examinations will be held as per the ordinance and rules of examination laid down by Pt. B. D. Sharma University of Health Sciences Rohtak, Haryana.
A student who satisfy the following requirements duly certified by the Principal (MRDC) shall be eligible to appear in the first, second, third and fourth year BDS examinations as the case may be-
- of having good character;
- of having attended the prescribed course;
- of having attended not less than;
- 75% of all course of lectures delivered and
- 75% of full course of practical’s held separately in the subjects of study as per scheme of examination
- of having cleared all the college fees and dues of the next year. (i.e. the Professional examination for which appearing).
A deficiency in the required number of lectures clinical and practical may be condoned by the Principal up to the extent of 5%
- If the percentage of attendance is deficient on account of:
- Participation in university or inter- college sports tournaments/youth festivals with the previous sanction of the Head / Principal
- Participation in inter- sports tournaments/youth festivals with the previous sanction of the Head / Principal
- If the percentage of attendance is deficient on account of:
- Attendance at the NCC / NSS camps or University educational excursions certified by the Head / Principal.
- Attendance at mountaineering courses by students selected by the University / College
Credit may be given for the number of days on which lectures were delivered or tutorials or practical work done during the period of attendance or participation in a aforesaid, provided that the period of absence in the case of (i) a, (ii), and (iii) above shall not exceed 21 days and in case of (i) (b) 30 days in an academic year.
A candidate who has completed the prescribed course as laid down and is unable to appear in the examination or having appeared has failed may be allowed to appear in subsequent examinations, as under on payment of the prescribed fee on each occasions, and on presenting a certificate signed by the Principal of Dental College in which he completed the course, that he has subsequent to his last failure attended a course of training / hospital practice, in the subjects of the examinations as the Principal may determine.
Note:- Each Reappearing candidate in addition to University examination fee will deposits Rs 3000/- along with the application from as the charges of using the practical / clinical materials being utilized in the subsequent University Examination every time He / She re-appears for such examinations.
A person who has passed the 1st BDS examination of this University shall be eligible to join 2nd year of BDS class. However, a candidate who fails in 1st BDS examination may be allowed to attend the 2nd year of BDS class but will not be allowed to appear in the 2nd BDS examination till he passes in all the subjects of 1st BDS examination.
A person who has passed the 2nd BDS examination of this University shall be eligible to join 3rd year of BDS class. However, a candidate who fails in 2nd BDS examination may be allowed to attend the 3rd year of BDS class but will not be allowed to appear in the 3rd BDS examination till he passes in all the subjects of 2nd BDS examination.
A person who has passed the 3rd BDS examination of this University shall be eligible to join 4th year of BDS class. However, a candidate who fails in 3rd BDS examination may be allowed to attend the 4th year of BDS class but will not be allowed to appear in the 4th BDS examination till he passes in all the subjects of 3rd BDS examination.
For reappearing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or Final BDS examination the candidate will be charged Rs 3000/- per subject as the cost of using the college laboratories and materials for the University practical examination. The amount so due will be recovered by the college at the time of submitting the examination application to the University.
Any student who does not clear the BDS course in all the subjects within a period of 9 years including 1 year compulsory rotatary paid internship from the date of admission shall be discharged from the course.
After commencement and joining of the BDS course if a candidate leaves it before completion of full period, the Bond/Bank Guarantee for three Year Tuition fee of the BDS degree course, furnished by the candidate at the time of admission, will be invoked.
Admission to the BDS programmes shall be provisional subject to final registration by the affiliating University i.e. Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
The medium of examination shall be English.
The minimum number of marks required to pass in each examination shall be:-
- 50% in theory including written, oral and internal assessment of each theory subject; and
- 50% in the practical including internal assessment of each subject
The grace marks up to a maximum of five marks may be awarded at the discretion of the University to a student who has failed only in one subject but has passed in all other subjects.
Declaration of Results
- The Controller of Examinations shall publish the result of the examination. The successful candidate of the first, second, third and final Prof. Examination will be awarded Detailed Marks Card.
- Successful candidate who obtains 75% marks in any subject shall be declared to have passed “With distinction” in that subject provided he passes in all subjects of the examinations at one and same time.
- BDS Degree with ‘Honors’ shall be awarded to a candidate who:-
- has completed the course in the minimum period; and
- has passed each of the first, second, third and final examinations in first attempt obtaining not less than 70% of the marks in each of every examination.
- A successful candidate of the first/second/third and final examination shall be granted a certificate.
- Migration from one dental college to other is not a right of a student. However, migration of students form one dental college to another dental college in India may be considered only in exceptional cases of extreme compassionate grounds provided following criteria are fulfilled.
- Both the colleges, i.e. one at which the student is studying at present and one to which migration is sought, are recognized by dental council of India.
- The applicant candidate should have passed Ist professional BDS examination.
- The applicant candidate submits his application for migration, complete in all respects, to all authorities concerned within a period of one month of passing (declaration of result) of the first professional Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) examination.
- The applicant candidate must submit an affidavit stating that he/she will pursue 240 days of prescribed study before appearing at 2nd professional BDS examination, which should be duly certified by the registrar of the concerned university in which he/she is seeking transfer. This transfer will be applicable only after receipt of an affidavit.
- Migration is permitted only in the beginning of II year BDS course in a recognized institution.
- All applicants for migration shall be referred to dental council of India by the college authority for obtaining NOC.
- Council reserved the rights, not to entertain any application which is not under the prescribed compassionate grounds and also take independent decisions where applicant has been allowed to migrate without referring the same to the council.
- Compassionate ground criteria
- Death of supporting guardian.
- Disturbed conditions as declared by Govt. in the Dental College area.
BDS – Fee Structure 2018-19
The candidates shall be required to deposit the following fee on the spot, at the time of physical counselling for admission through Demand Draft. Payment through cheque shall not be accepted. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot immediately after allotment of seat, he / she will lose the opportunity and the seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
|1||Tuition & Development Fee||280000||294000||308700||224135|
(Adjustable with Last Year fee)
|3||University Registration & Counselling Fees||5920||3920||3920||3920|
|5||University and DCI Continuation Charge||5000||5000||5000||5000|
|7||Equipment and Maintenance charge||2500||2500||2500||2500|
|8||Sports and Medical Charge||2000||2000||2000||2000|
However, the fees mentioned above are subject to change with the approval of State Govt. of Haryana or Hon’ble Courts of Law or any other competent authority.