BA (Hons.) – Economics – MRIIRS
The undergraduate program in Economics deals with the study and application of economic theory and economic decision making. Exposure to different sectors (Industry, Agriculture, Services) through the dissertation builds the analytical capacity of the students. The Department is committed to a liberal education philosophy and development of leadership skills in the field of economics. The program develops its students’ professional competencies and responsibilities and prepares them for a variety of careers as a proficient economist.
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,59,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3800|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list
||I – Merit in MRNAT
II – Merit in Qualifying Exam
III – Pearson Test Score
||Pass in 10+2 Examination / Equivalent Examination with at least 45% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects including English as compulsory subjects along with 4 subjects with the highest score out of the remaining subjects.|
Note: Manav Rachna now accepts Pearson Test Score for admission
- Carefully crafted Interdisciplinary Course Curriculum: The department of Economics offers highly creative and enriching course curriculum blended with theoretical and practical aspects of economics. We carefully selected courses that offer diverse issues and also cover various optional elective courses for the students to harness the core skills in the subject. The department also offers various generic, inter-disciplinary and open electives courses from other streams such as management, liberal arts, sociology, and psychology, among others. We have industry driven curriculum seeking and incorporating feedbacks from KPMG, Ernst and Young, Infosys, IHC Foundation and ORF Kolkata and in order to strengthen the foundation of applied research we are in partnership with TERI SAS, TERI, IMPRI, RIS, IIFT, JNU and DSE.
- Centre for Economic Policy Studies is the public policy research centre of the department. Under this centre students are exposed to a variety of secondary sources, papers, and research projects to complete high-quality projects and nurture to cultivate a research-inquiry mindset. Students are encouraged to write term papers and dissertations in their chosen field. We also teach students how to write research papers and assist them in improving their communication skills. We have course curriculum to offer application of statistical software and provide hands on experience in the state-of-the-art Centre for Economic policy Studies.
- Perfect blend of industry-academia exposure
- Infrastructure conducive to promote learning and skill-building
- Experiential and interactive approach for curriculum delivery
- Trained faculty from different academia and research organizations
- Well-equipped library with sufficient number of books
The study of economics opens up career opportunities in both the government and private sectors. It provides ample scope and prestigious positions nationally and internationally. Well-trained economists are placed across the government sector (including the Indian Economic Service and Reserve Bank of India Officer), corporate firms, several premier research institutes in India and abroad, international development agencies (like various organizations under the World Bank Groups, United Nations), banking/financial sector and several academic institutions. In the job market, there is an increasing demand for economic analysts, researchers and consultants.