MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering – MRIIRS
The B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) is an undergraduate program of “160 credits”which is designed to make “Industry Ready Engineers” considering the emerging markets in the fields of “Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Engineering” & Tool Designs & CAD/CAM, which have designed and introduced as two verticals with industry relevant courses in order to strengthen the existing program. Further, as per the AICTE proposal guidelines 2021, the program also offers students to earn “180 credits” with specialization on emerging technologies as follows:
- B.Tech (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Mechatronics
- B.Tech (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Electric Vehicles
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||Rs. 1,81,500|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 5000|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in Pearson/ JEE Mains 2021/ SAT / Uni Gauge E 2021 / MRNAT 2021 /XII Qualifying Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects and eligibility shall be determined on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks in|
i. English, Physics & Mathematics and
ii. One subject out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology and
iii. One subject with the highest score out of the remaining subjects
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- Tool Design & CAD/CAM vertical will have hands on experience on courses like Tool Design, Plastic Technology, Thinking Design & Innovation, Computer Aided Design, Digital Manufacturing, Fundamental of Robots, Robotic analysis, Digital Manufacturing (Industry 4.0), Metrology, CNC Technology & Programming and Industrial Automation etc offered as departmental electives.
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning vertical will involve a rigorous experience on Cooling Towers, Chillers, Acoustic & Building Safety, Heat Exchanger, Green Buildings, Renewable Energy Resources & Utilizations, Refrigeration Systems, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Systems and Building Management Systems etc offered as departmental electives.
- Mandatory Courses on Thermal Engineering, Strength of Material, Manufacturing Processes, Manufacturing Technology, Material Science, Heat Transfer, Design of Mechanical Systems, Theory of Machines and other practical lab core courses.
- Six-month Industry Internship, Projects, Research & Incubation, foreign languages and other university open elective/interdisciplinary elective courses
B.Tech (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering Specialization in Electric Vehicles
- Students while covering in this specialization will be able to understand the complete details about EVs and Infrastructure required for their successful commercialization.
- Courses to be covered are Battery for Energy storage, Battery Management System (BMS) for its efficient utilization, Different Motors available according to the type of usage, standards used for testing and validation of different components so that they can successfully launched in market after complying govt. regulations.
- Design Architecture and Control of Electric Vehicle, Electric Vehicle Charging & Infrastructure, battery swapping stations and electric power trains are few specific courses to be taught.
- Electric vehicle simulation lab, electric vehicle testing & validation lab and two wheeler technology lab developed in associations with HONDA are advanced labs where practical exposure will be provided to the candidates.
- Expert, certified and renowned faculty in this specialization will take care of these emerging futuristic technologies.
Mechanical Engineers with specialization in Automobile engineering are highly in demand nowadays because of the high proliferation of automobiles in everyday life all over the world. Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, New Holland, Tata Motors, Hyundai, Mahindra & Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Hindustan Motors etc. are some of the leading automobile manufacturers in the country who are showing an interest in our students. The automobile manufacturing industry is supplemented by OEMs, such as Krishna Maruti, Sharda Motors, Ginnie solution, Institute of Road Traffic Education, HKS Auto, TCS, Square Yards, Harrison Associates, Blue Sapphire, Newgen Software technologies , Honeywell, A one Commercials, Eternity Industries Pvt Ltd. Sonalika Tractors, JBM, etc who frequently visit the campus for placement. Of course, other fields are also open to these engineers where they can find suitable jobs. Some of these areas are defense forces, space programme, atomic energy, power plants, railways, research laboratories, software development, information technology etc. Some students, with meritorious academic records and matching skills, have opted for higher studies in both National & International Universities.
Our past students have been absorbed in Industry giant like Maruti, JBM, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Accenture and a number of other organizations.