MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
B.Tech. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (4 year) – MRIIRS
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,81,500|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 5000|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in JEE Mains 2020/ SAT / Uni Gauge E 2020 / MRNAT 2020 /XII Qualifying Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects and eligibility shall be determined on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks in|
i. English, Physics & Mathematics and
ii. One subject out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology
iii. One subject with the highest score out of the remaining subjects
|HM-104||Professional Communication -I|
|CS-101||Elements of Computer and Programming|
|EE-101B||Elements of Electrical Engineering|
|CS-111||Computer Programming Lab|
|WP-112||Workshop Practices – II|
|HM-204||Professional Communication -II|
|HM-205||Holistic Wellness & Life Skills-I**|
|EC-202||Digital Electronics and Circuits|
|M-111||Computer Aided Drafting Lab|
|WP-111||Workshop Practices – I|
|EC-212||Digital Electronics and Circuits Lab|
|EE-301B||Network Analysis and Synthesis|
|EE-302 C||Electrical Machines – I|
|EE-306||Measurements & Instrumentation|
|EC-321||Analog Electronic Circuits-I|
|EE-406||Power System Engineering|
|EE-311||Network Analysis Lab|
|EE-312||Electrical Machines – I Lab|
|EE-316||Measurements & Instrumentation lab|
|EC 331||Analog Electronic & Circuits -I Lab|
|EE-401A||Electrical Machines – II|
|EC-401B||Microprocessor and Interfacing|
|EC-423||Analog Electronic Circuits-II|
|EE-411||Electrical Machines – II Lab|
|EC-411A||Microprocessor and Interfacing Lab|
|EC-413||Analog Electronic Circuits Simulation Lab|
|HM-403||Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-I (QAPD-I)|
|HM-404||Holistic Wellness & Life Skills-II**|
|EE-505||Power Electronics – I|
|EE-506||Power System Protection|
|EC-502B||Digital Signal Processing|
|EC-521||Microcontroller and Interfacing|
|HM-504||Industrial Management and Enterpreneurship|
|EE-512||Power Electronics Lab|
|EC-512||Digital Signal Processing Lab|
|EE-516||Power System Protection Lab|
|EC-541||Microcontroller and Interfacing Lab|
|HM-505||Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-II (QAPD-II)|
|EE-603A||Power System -II|
|EE-606||Control System Engineering|
|EC-623||VLSI TECHNOLOGY & CIRCUITS|
|EE-608||Power Electronics – II|
|EE-609||PCB & Circuit Design|
|EE-711||Advance Power System Lab|
|EE-616||Control System Engineering Lab|
|EE-617||Power Electronics-II Lab|
|EE-619||PCB & Circuit Design Lab|
|HM-603||QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE AND PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT-III|
|HM-604||Holistic Wellness & Life Skills-III**|
|EE-701 A||Advanced Control Theory|
|EE-702||Programmable Logic controllers & SCADA|
|EE-703||Applications of Power Electronics in Power Systems|
|EE-612||Electric Drives lab|
|EE-712||Programmable Logic controller Lab|
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department are formulated keeping in view interests of all its stakeholders’ i.e. Students, employers, Alumni etc. PEO’s are comprehensive statements describing the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing the learner for.
PEO’s of B.Tech Program in Electrical & Electronics Engineering are:
- To prepare students for successful careers in relevant industry that meets the needs of PSUs as well as multinational companies.
- To clear the fundamentals in mathematical, scientific and engineering necessary for modeling, analyzing and solve engineering problems.
- To provide practical concept in designing, modeling and analyzing of existing as well as new technology.
- To impart technical knowledge for professional development, ethical values for good human development of the student to solve the complex problems and to develop a good and conducive for social benefits.
- To provide training in soft skills via English language, communication, verbal, logical, analytical, comprehension, team building, inter personal relationship, group discussion etc for placement.
- To provide multi disciplinary ambience to the student for job orientation and career progress.
Program Outcomes/Program Specific Outcomes
Program Outcomes describe what students are expected to know or will be able to do when they graduate from a program. The Program Outcomes of B. Tech. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering are:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and Engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Endowed to analyze, design, implement and evaluate electrical based systems process, component, or program and deal with the rapid pace of industrial innovations and developments.
- Skillful to use application and control techniques to conventional and non-conventional energy systems.
- Ability to stimulate opportunities by providing multi disciplinary ambience for successful career in relevant industry, PSUs or to be a thriving entrepreneur.
- Empower with an in-depth understanding of research orientation in the domain with a strategy to improve quality by inculcating a desire for continuous learning and creativity, with emerging tools and technology.
Electrical Engineers are much in demand in India, and have numerous opportunities. Electrical engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants, railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries. The candidates can also find job opportunities in Production plants, Design industries, Petroleum industry, Natural gas plants etc. in the private sector as well. Companies like ABB, Bajaj International Private Ltd, Crompton Greaves Limited, Siemens Ltd, Reliance Power Ltd, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Centre for Electronics Design and Technology and Wipro Lighting are the biggest employers hiring Electrical Engineers.
Apart from this, students also go for higher education and entrepreneurship. Over the last few years, around 60% of our students have been placed in public and private sector corporations.
Some of the companies who regularly recruit electrical engineers are:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
The pass outs can join as graduate engineer trainee/management trainee in many premier Educational & Research Institutions. Apart from this, students also go for higher education and entrepreneurship. Over the last few years, around 60% of our students have been placed in public and private sector corporations including Coal India Ltd., BARC, TCS, Wipro, L&T Infotech, Luminous Power Technology Andrew Hydro, Honeywell, Ceasefire, Avery India, Omaxe Auto and Debbas Prime Solutions etc.
Schemes ‘Utkarsh’ and ‘Uttam’ for the candidates on the basis of MRNAT-2020 Score for UG & PG programmes:
Scheme ‘Utkarsh’ is for candidates taking Admission within a period from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020)
|MRNAT 2020 Score||Utkarsh|
|90.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80.00% & above but below 90.00%||50% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|70.00% & above but below 80.00%||25% Tuition Fee Waiver|
Scheme ‘Uttam’ is for candidates taking Admission within a period from 1st June 2020 to 31st July 2020)
|MRNAT 2020 Score||Uttam|
|90.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80.00% & above but below 90.00%||25% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|70.00% & above but below 80.00%||10% Tuition Fee Waiver|