MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
B.Tech – CSE with various specializations in association with IBM – MRIIRS
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||2,21,500|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 5000|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in JEE Mains 2020/ SAT / Uni Gauge E 2020 / MRNAT 2020 /XII Qualifying Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in 10+2 examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects and eligibility shall be determined on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks in|
i. English, Physics & Mathematics and
ii. One subject out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology
iii. One subject with the highest score out of the remaining subjects
We offer B.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering in associaltion with IBM in any of the following specifications:
- B.Tech- CSE with specialization in Cloud Computing in association with IBM
- B.Tech- CSE with specialization in Business Analytics & Optimization in association with IBM
- B.Tech- CSE with specialization in Cyber Security and Forensics in association with IBM
- B.Tech- CSE with specialization in Graphics and Gaming Technologies in association with IBM
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), in consultation with various stakeholders have formulated the Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs). These are broad statements describing the career and professional accomplishments of the graduates, that the programme is preparing them to achieve, subsequent to receiving the degree. The PEOs of the B. Tech Programme in Computer Science and Engineering are as follows:
PEO-1: To prepare the graduates for a successful career in industry, consultancy, teaching and allied areas related to the subjects of Computer Science and Engineering.
PEO-2: To assimilate the graduates with team-spirit, leadership and problem-solving skills so they can lead organizations they join or initiate their own ventures.
PEO-3: To prepare and assist the graduates to be successful in higher education leading to Masters and Research programmes, thereby creating and disseminating knowledge through research activities in the theory and application of computing.
PEO-4: To groom the graduates as professional engineers with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities, enabling them to contribute effectively to the growth and development of a body of knowledge.
PEO-5: To instill the ability to analyze the requirements, understand the technical specifications and design the innovative solutions by applying the principles of computing.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Enhancement in Employability: Advance and modernize their technical knowledge through the use of latest techniques, programming skills, and tools.
- Development of Software Systems: Develop, test and maintain Software systems for business and other applications that meets the automation needs of the society and industry.
- Research and Development: Cultivate the field of computing and its latest trends, to pursue teaching, research & development activities and to work effectively in a team.
MAPPING OF MISSION AND PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
|To achieve academic excellence by imparting in-depth knowledge to the students through effective pedagogies and hands on experience on latest tools and technologies.||3||3||3||2||3|
|To pursue interdisciplinary research that will serve the needs of the entire global community.||3||2||3||2||3|
|To prepare students to be continuous learners in a connected world and imbibe professional skills and ethical responsibilities in them.||3||3||3||3||2|
|To strengthen the Industry-Academia interface that will help the graduates to emerge as global leaders in academics or an inspiring revolutionary in entrepreneurship.||3||3||2||3||2|
Excellent placements with over 90% of its eligible/ willing students placed in companies namely Microsoft, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, L&T Infotech, HCL, IBM, Hewitt, Tata Telecom, NIIT, Dell, Capital IQ, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea etc. With the introduction of specializations in B.Tech (CSE) Programme, placement opportunities for the students pass-out from the specialized programme will get further enhanced in a big way. In addition, placement opportunities are also available in organizations such as DRDO, ISRO, ONGC, NIC, BSNL, Armed Forces, IES, Civil Services, Banking, Health Sector, etc.
The introduction of specializations in M.Tech (CE) Programmes such as Computer Networking (CN) aims at exposing students to the current edge of research.
Many students opt for higher studies/research in India/Abroad. The programmes running in the Department also prepare the students to choose a career in research and development, which provide an excellent foundation for Ph.D study.