MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
B.Tech. Biotechnology – MRIIRS
-*Accredited by National Board of Accreditation(NBA)
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,81,500|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 5000|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Merit preparation / short listing of candidates shall be on the basis of score in Pearson/ JEE Mains 2021/ SAT / Uni Gauge E 2021 / MRNAT 2021 /XII Qualifying Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass in 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects and eligibility shall be determined on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks in|
Note: Manav Rachna now accepts Pearson Test Score for admission
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- To make our students competent in the field of biotechnology and its allied areas.
- To inculcate the capability to work as entrepreneurs and techno-managers with strong ethics and communication skills.
- To equip the students to pursue higher education and research in reputed institutes at national and international level.
- To develop a working knowledge of biotechnology product and processes.
Program Outcomes(POs) / Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
Program Outcomes / Program Specific Outcomes describe graduate attributes i.e. what students are expected to know or will be able to do when they graduate from a program. The POs / PSOs of B.Tech. in Biotechnology Engineering are:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSOs)
- Acquire knowledge on the fundamentals of biotechnology for sound and solid base which enables them to understand the emerging and advanced engineering concepts in life sciences.
- Acquire knowledge in the domain of biotechnology enabling their applications in industry and research.
- Empower the students to acquire technological know-how by connecting disciplinary and interdisciplinary aspects of biotechnology
- Recognize the importance of Bioethics, IPR, entrepreneurship, Communication and management skills so as to usher next generation of Indian industrialists.
The consistency of PEOs with Mission of the Department of Biotechnology is established through the correlation matrix given below-
|PEO-1: To make our students competent in the field of biotechnology and its allied areas.||3||1||1||3|
|PEO-2: To inculcate the capability to work as entrepreneurs and techno managers with strong ethics and communication skills.||3||3||3||2|
|PEO-3: To equip the students to pursue higher education and research in reputed institutes at national and international level.||3||1||1||3|
|PEO-4: To develop a working knowledge of biotechnology product and processes.|
|Basic Sciences||Program Core||Program / Discipline Electives||Project(s)|
|Applied Physics-I||Theory Courses||Introduction to Pharmaceutical Technology||Minor Project|
|Applied Maths-I||Biomolecules||Human Genomics & Proteomics||Major Project|
|Industrial Chemistry||Genetics and Cytogenetics||Waste Water Treatment||Internships / Seminars|
|Physics Lab||Cell Biology||Food Microbiology||Introduction to Research|
|Applied Physics-II||Microbiology||Introduction to Biomaterials||Technical Seminar-I|
|Applied Maths-II||Biochemistry||Basic Virology||Technical Seminar- II|
|Chemistry Lab||Bioanalytical Techniques||Biofertilizers & Biopesticides||Industrial training|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Concepts in Immunology||Food Process Technology||Colloquium|
|Engineering Sciences||Molecular Biology||DNA Microarrary Technology||Any other (Professional & Life Skills)|
|Workshop Practices – I||Industrial Microbiology||Molecular Diagnostics||Holistic Wellness & Life Skills-I|
|Workshop Practices – II||Biostatistics||Bioremdiation Technology||Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-I|
|Elements of Computer and Programming||Bioinformatics & Computer Applications||Food Packaging Technology||Holistic wellness and Life Skills-II|
|Elements of Electrical Engineering||Recombinant DNA Technology||Drug Designing||Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-II|
|Computer Programming Lab||Animal Biotechnology||Clinical Microbiology||Entrpreneurship Development|
|Cyber Security||Bioprocess Engineering||Bioenergy & Biofuels||Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-III|
|Computer Aided Drafting||Plant Biotechnology||Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods||Holistic wellness and life Skills-III|
|Biochemical Calculations||Environment Biotechnology||Drug Delivery Systems|
|Basics of Chemical Engineering||Food Biotechnology||Molecular Therapeutics|
|Thermodynamics of Bioprocess||Biosafety, Bioethics & IPR||Biodiversity Conservation|
|Basics of Chemical Engineering Lab||Stem Cells & its applications||Entrepreneurship Opportunities in Food Industries|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Lab Courses||Open Electives|
|Professional Communication -I||Biomolecules Lab||Marketing and Management in Biotech Products|
|Environmental Studies||Cell Biology Lab||Total Quality Management|
|Professional Communication -II||Microbiology Lab||Human Resource Management|
|FRENCH-I||Bioanalytical Techniques Lab||Project Management|
|GERMAN-I||Immunological Techniques Lab||Water Supply & Treatment Plant|
|SPANISH-I||Molecular Biology Lab||Remote Sensing and GIS|
|JAPANESE-I||Industrial Microbiology Lab||Environmental Air Pollution|
|FRENCH-II||Bioinformatics & Computer Applications Lab||Disaster Management|
|GERMAN-II||Recombinant DNA Tech. Lab||Solid Waste Management|
|SPANISH-II||Bioprocess Engineering Lab||MATLAB Programming|
|JAPANESE-II||Cell & Tissue Culture Lab||MATLAB Programming Lab|
|Environment Biotechnology Lab||Biometric Security|
|Food Biotechnology Lab|
Employment opportunities are available in the specialized fields of biotechnology viz. Stem Cell Technology, Biomedical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Global Biotech Parks (DBT), Biotech Research Incubator Institutions, Food Corporation of India, Biotechnology Management, IT sector, Banking Sector and Armed forces (Biological Warfare). Engineering Colleges and Technical Universities also offer job opportunities. Students can also go for higher studies and start their own ventures.
A large number of pass outs have bagged excellent placements in leading companies, viz, Imperial Life Sciences, Lifecell International, Totipotent RX, Covidien, Space Group, Sagacious Research, CHC Health Care, e4e Health Group, Link Biotech, Ozone Biotech, CPM, Agilent Technology, Panacea Biotech, Medox Diagnostics, TCS (Biotech Division), Infosys (Biotech Division), IDS, L & T Infotech, IFBI and HCL, SCOTT EDIL & Kelly Services India Pvt. Ltd, Boston Scientific, etc.
Many pass outs have opted for higher studies in both national and International universities after qualifying in competitive exams. International institutes include Drexel University Philadelphia- USA, University of Alabama Birmingham- US, University of Scotland, Clemson University Southern Carolina-US, Minnesota University- USA, John- Hopkins University- US, IGBI – Italy, Cornell University- US and many others. Some of the Indian universities where our students are pursuing higher studies are IIT Mumbai, IIT Khargpur and many more.