MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture – MRIIRS
Architecture is a broad and complex discipline, a profession and a part of a culture, an art that shapes the built environment but is also influenced by the world at large. Architects Create, Respond, Direct, and Elicit. They can draw inspiration from nearly anything: rap, ballet, philosophy, the social sciences, and the expanding digital universe, but also from meditative moments of solitude, hand-wrought objects, and everyday urban and domestic life. Manav Rachna believes in embracing this expansive interdisciplinary approach.
|Intake||40 (General-34 NRI-06)|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||2,15,500|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 5500|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||Marks in qualifying Examination i.e. 10+2 or Equivalent & Aptitude Test|
(NATA of CoA)OR JEE of CBSE in the ratio of 50:50. Note: All admissions to architecture degree course shall be subject to passing of National aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) conducted by the council of Architecture (CoA) OR JEE of CBSE
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board/University with PCM as subject of examination and also obtained at least 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 level examination|
Candidates with 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State governments with PCM as a compulsory subject
International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with PCM as a compulsory subject.
- All admissions to architecture degree course in Manav Rachna shall be subject to the passing of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE of CBSE.
- The course shall be of 5 academic years, inclusive of six months of practical training after the first stage (3 years) in a professional’s office.
- The 5 years Bachelor’s degree in Architecture course is conducted in two stages.
- The first stage shall be of three years (six semesters) of institutional academic studies. Maximum permissible period for the successful completion of first stage shall be five years from the date of admission.
- The second stage shall be of two academic years (four semesters) including six months of practical training
- The maximum permissible period for completing the Bachelor’s Degree program in Architecture for which the prescribed program duration is 5(=n) years, shall be n+5=10 years.
- Each year comprises of two semesters of 18 working weeks each.
Why Choose Manav Rachna for B.Arch
- The Programme of B.Arch is approved by the Council of Architecture.
- Duration of the Course. The course is of 5 academic years, (each year comprising two semesters of 18 working weeks each) inclusive of one year of practical training after the first stage in a professional’s office. The 5 years Bachelor’s Degree Course is conducted in two stages
- First Stage: The first stage is of three years (six semesters) of institutional academic studies. The maximum permissible period for the successful completion of first stage shall be five years from the date of admission.
Second Stage: The second stage is of two academic years (four semesters) including one year of practical training.
- The maximum permissible period for completing the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Architecture for which the prescribed Programme duration of 5 years shall be 10 years.
- First Year– Architectural Design, Art & Graphics, Architectural Drawing, Building Construction, Model Workshop, Surveying & Leveling, History of Architecture, Theory of Structures, Climatology, Sociology & Psychology, Projects.
- Second Year-Architectural Design, Art & Graphics, CAD & Software Lab, Building Construction, History of Architecture, Art & Architecture Appreciation, Theory of Structures, Water Supply & Waste Disposal, Energy Systems, Projects.
- Third Year-Architectural Design, Building Construction, History of Architecture, Settlements Design, Theory of Structures, Quantities, Specification, Estimation & Contracts, Lighting & Acoustics, Mechanical (Ventilation, Communication, Security & Safety), Projects.
- Fourth Year– Architectural Design, Building Construction, Town Planning, Structural Systems, Projects, Seminar / Dissertation, Practical Training.
- Fifth Year– Practical Training continued, Disaster Management, Projects, Seminar / Dissertation, Professional Practice, Construction Management, Architectural Thesis.
Professional Architects can build careers as independently practicing Architects, as Architects working within Architectural firms, as academics focused on teaching and research, or within non-governmental organizations. In India, the Architectural profession is regulated by the Council of Architecture (CoA), which was established by Parliament through the Architects Act, 1972.