Advisory for Campus Placement
Part 1- Research the company
Research the company: Visit the company’s website. Visit its social pages and Google the company.
Part 2- Dressing up for an interview
Female Formal – Westen
- Formal trousers in grey, black, brown and blue are the most common.
- Trousers should cover your foot and a bit of your shoe heels.
- A closed shoe in single colour with heels (upto3 inches) is formal. No high heels.
- Shoes should be polished at all times.
- Flip-flops, open sandals and extremely high heels and fashion shoes are not allowed.
- Business suit (jacket and trouser/ pencil skirt (should be below the knees) in dark shades. Top under the jacket could be white or any other light colour.
- Shirts should be half sleeves or full sleeves.
Female Formal – Indian
- Light colour Salwar kameez with dupatta in small print with simple sandals look good.
- Cotton wear should be ironed and dupattas neatly pinned up.
- Black, brown and white footwear can be co-ordinated with most colours of clothes.
Make up, Accessories and grooming
- Long hair should be tied or braided. Should not fall over your face.
- Wear minimum make up. Nails must be trimmed regularly, One can wear light colour nail paints.
- A simple watch is a good accessory to have.
- Apply light perfume or deodorant.
Dressing for Male Candidate
- Candidate should wear dark colour business suit with plain tie & light colour shirt) .
- Suggested colors for business suit : black, navy blue, dark grey or dark brown . Shirt should be white or any light colour .
- Wear polished, leather shoes and calf-length socks that match shoe color (suggested colors: black, dark blue, dark grey)
- Bring your complete portfolio in a folder
- Avoid exposed tattoos, excessive jewelry, piercings, or unnatural hair color/styles
- Have clean/fresh breath; never chew gum in an interview.
- The hair should be properly trimmed and gelled (no hair spikes) and not oiled.
Documents to be carried for interview
Carry a black folder which would have the following documents:
- 3 copies of resume
- Original Educational certificates likes SSC (10th), HSC (12th) and mark sheets of all semesters. The certificates should be arranged in reverse chronological order .
- Certificates of any trainings/ workshops
- 4 photographs
- Skill certificates
- Extra A4 sized white sheets along with sharpened pencil & a rubber.
Rakhi Arora Pruthi
General Manager – Corporate Relations