Team AHAN participated in the Techfest 2012 at IIT Bombay in the FULL THROTTLE NITROX event, where they exhibited their RC Nitrox car. This car also became a centre of attraction at the Science Exhibition at MRIU. Their first project, a mere 4.6 cc engine with a massive 2.4 Bhp of power. “This is just the beginning and there is much more to come,” says a very confident Tanmay and Navneet. What is a RC Nitro car? RC Nitro car specification
- Radio controlled cars are self-powered model cars that can be controlled from a distance using a specialized transmitter.
- These cars are powered by non conventional fuel (Nitro methane and additives like castor oil).
- Dual stage air cleaner.
- All wheel drive by 3 small lightened gear differential with constant shaft driven design.
- Dual metal disc brakes.
- Lightened and small size flywheel.
- Hand fabricated all Aluminum alloy chassis.
- Easily adjustable front pivot ball suspension.
- Dual stepper motor for (a) braking and acceleration (b) steering mechanism.
- 2.4 GHZ 3 CH receiver and transmitter.
- PRO 28 pull start 4.6cc engine.
The competition FULL THROTTLE NITROX took place at Asia’s Largest Science and Technology Festival at IIT Bombay Techfest 2012 between 6-8 January 2012“. Full Throttle required the nerves of steel, the brain of an engineer and the pedigree of a champion at the same time,” say the members who participated in the competition. “The roar of IC Engines with the smell of the nitromethane everywhere on your track. When the car control is in your hands as you set it at the starting grid, your heart thumping at a rate greater than the revolution of the engine. It was a mesmerizing experience,” say the members in unison. The competition involved remote controlled cars, making laps at the shortest possible time. The cars were judged by their ability to cross hurdles and be agile at sharp turns.