Course Options After 12th Humanities
Considered the most versatile career path, humanities, as a stream, has a storehouse of courses that one can pursue after completing their 12th. Pursuing any of these degrees makes one adept to pursue a sensible approach to understand the varied level of humanities and thereby carve out a perfect career path. Students of humanities or arts stream have varied options to choose from, law, literature and linguistics, sociology, psychology, political science, among many others.
Scope of Humanities After 12th
Be it honing and facilitating the essential skills to appear in the most competitive government exams, or instilling professional job-oriented skills, humanities courses offer a wide spectrum of opportunities. From job roles like editor, multimedia specialist, digital marketing specialist, archivist, to roles like analyst, psychologist, data linguist, there are a varied array of job options available for students after completing their 12th in arts.
List of Courses after 12th Humanities
The avenue of courses after 12th is slowly seeing a sharp increase as many novel domains keep emerging. Here is the list of courses that one can pursue after completing their 12th in humanities.
B.A. Courses after 12th Humanities
A humanities student can pursue a range of B.A. courses. These courses have varied specializations which a student can choose to make a nuanced career choice. The range of specializations available in B.A. courses are:
- B.A. (hons.) English
- B.A. (hons.) Political Science
- B.A. (hons.) Sociology
- B.A. (hons.) Economics
- B.A. (hons.) Geography
- B.A. (hons.) History
- B.A. (hons.) Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A. (hons.) Hindi and other language courses
- B.A. (hons.) Fine Arts
- B.A. (hons.) Performing Arts
- B.A. (hons.) Liberal Arts
- B.A. (hons.) Film Studies
- B.A. (hons.) Psychology
- B.A. (hons.) Social Work
- B.A. (hons.) Philosophy
- B.A. (hons.) Applied Psychology
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.A. Digital Media and Communication
- B.A. Program with 2-3 subject concentrations
- Bachelor in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Event Management
- B.A.- Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design in Animation
Other Courses after 12th Humanities
Apart from B.A. courses, students can also enroll for integrated courses giving them an upper hand in the job market. An integrated programme combines the curriculum of two courses wherein you are given defined classes for both the degrees. These courses considerably contribute to the efficiency of students. To get admission in an Integrated course, an aspirant must have scored 50% in the qualifying exam.
- B.A. LLB.
- B.B.A. LLB.
- B.Com. LLB.
- B. Lib. Sc.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M)
- B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- B. El. Ed or Bachelor in Elementary Education
List of Diploma courses after 12th Humanities
Diploma is considered an eligibility to enter the lateral course of your choice. Many students pursue diploma with different objectives. Students can enroll for diploma courses after completing their 12th and must have scored 50% in their exam
Here is the list of diploma courses that one can pursue after 12th arts:
- Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Diploma in Public Relation and Corporate Communication
- Diploma in Film, Television, and Digital Video Production
- Diploma in Graphic Designing
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- Diploma in Web Development
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Diploma in Multimedia
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Education
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- Diploma in Language and Translation
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Photography and Videography
- Diploma in Baking, Beverage, and Catering
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Creative Writing
- Diploma in Project Management
As is evident, there is a wide option of courses available after 12th Humanities. All these courses are career-oriented and have a wide array of opportunities in store for students of humanities to pursue after completion of their respective courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most preferred course after 12th?
Choosing a course after 12th very smartly is the need of the hour. You can choose from Media, social sciences, psychology, Music, Economics and others. Your interest should align with the course you choose; also, be aware of the career opportunities available after the completion of the course.
Which course is the best course for art students?
After 12th Humanities, you can choose from the trending courses like Media, History, Sociology, Political Science, Liberal Arts, Economics, Geography, Languages & Literature, Music, Philosophy, and many others. These courses boost career growth and offer great career avenues.
Can I opt for medical courses after 12th arts?
Arts students are not eligible for medical courses after 12th. To study medical courses, students should have studied science in 12th and appear for NEET exam, or you can pursue B.Sc. courses.
What are the entrance exams humanities students can take?
Here is the list of entrance exams humanities students can appear for:
- MRNAT (for Manav Rachna)
- NCHMCT JEE
Written By:- Ms. Shriyanshi Shukla, Content Writer