The main benefit of choosing Aeronautical Engineering is the specialised tag that comes with this degree as compared to the core disciplines like Mechanical, Civil, Computer and Electrical Engineering wherein one needs a specialisation for a good career. Also, the aeronautical engineers are eligible to apply for vacancies of Mechanical engineering.
The role of aerospace engineers / aircraft Designer is extremely crucial in the present environment which is fully advanced and technology intensive. Nowadays, it is one of the most demanding and challenging courses for new generation students. The candidates who undertake the undergraduate course are able to easily acquire the technical skills which are necessary for becoming job ready.
Job Market for an Aeronautical Engineer
In the Indian context, there is an exponential growth in the career opportunities and therefore, choosing Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering option provides immense scope for employment. Many job opportunities are available in both government and private sectors. Once you complete this course, you’ll be able to get employment opportunities in areas associated with designing, maintenance and overhauling, manufacturing of aircraft parts, structural requirement, repair, space mission, airport authority of India etc. You’ll also be able to join the jobs in government and private aerospace organizations.
Government Organisations in Indian context:
HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited), ISRO (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited), DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), NAL (National Aerospace Laboratories), NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), ADA (Aeronautical Development Agency ) etc.
Private Companies for an Aero Engineer: Commercial Airlines, Capgemini, GE, Airbus, GE, Honeywell, Rolls Royce, Tata Motors etc. Depending upon your interest, you can choose the core area like manufacturing, designing, Software knowledge, airlines, maintenance and repair etc
Other Benefits of Choosing Aeronautical Engineering
- Traveling: As an aeronautical Engg you can work in different areas and the company can sponsor your all expenses as well. This can be more fascinating and the best experience for your career.
- Good salary Packages: Engineers can get awesome salary packages as per as the Field (R&D, Manufacturing, software etc) .
- The immense opportunity of job: Aeronautical engineering graduates have great scope for employment. In today’s world, this is often considered as one among the foremost respected jobs. The scholars studying this course get expertise on technical skills. You’ll also choose government jobs.
- Chance to work in a different field
- More hands-on experience/practical experiences
In the overall perspective, the Aeronautical Engineering is incredibly bright choice for an undergraduate study. There are a huge number of opportunities and jobs available within the aerospace industry and aviation industry for aeronautical engineers and great room for private growth and development. Many government, defense and space agencies (both Indian and foreign) also are on the lookout for aeronautical engineers to develop flying vehicles and systems. After getting the aeronautical degree certificate, one can also start your own start-up company which are quite famous in many area (Aeromodelling, UAV Unmanned aerial vehicle, Drones manufacturing, Rapid prototyping, R &D projects ) etc.