Manav Rachna Dental College-MRDC
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
General FAQs are listed below. For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pertaining to BDS please visit respective faculties:
- What are the minimum requirements for applying for BDS course?
The candidate must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the BDS course. The candidate must have passed the higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary examination. The student must have obtained 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and must have qualifying marks in English. For SC, ST or OBC, the minimum marks shall be 40%.
- How selection is done?
The selection is done on an annual basis which is based on performance in NEET UG 2021 and online counselling conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee). Please refer to website for more details
- What is the duration of course?
The total course is of 5 years which includes 4 years of academics wherein the first 2 years include the basic biologic and material aspect of dentistry. Clinical training under guidance and supervision of faculty is in subsequent years. The course contents are given using informative lectures. Demonstrations, seminars, chair side teaching and learning
- Where can I get the application forms?
Application forms are available on the college website i.ehttp://manavrachna.edu.in/dental-college/ and for online counselling https://mcc.nic.in
- Is the college recognized?
Yes, the College is duly recognized by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, Dental Council of India vide letter no. Vide Notification No. V-12017/116/2005-DE, dated 30th November 2010.
- Is the college Accredidated/ Ranked?
Yes, Manav Rachna Dental College is recognized for BDS and MDS Degree by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India and the Dental Council of India. It is affiliated to Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad.
– MRDC is the First Dental College in Haryana to achieve NAAC ‘A’ Grade Accreditation
– Ranked in the league of Top 10 Emerging Dental Colleges of India in India Today’s Best Colleges Survey 2021.
– Ranked No. 10 in the ‘Best Dental Colleges’ in Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIRF-2021) by Education Post.
- Can I depute someone as a nominee for counseling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
No, physical presence of the candidate is a must on the day of counseling.
- Should I need to pay the admission / tuition fee at the time of counseling / admission?
Yes, the 1st Year fee is to be paid on the day of counseling/admission by demand draft.
- Is there any facility for payment of fees in installments?
No, the entire first year fees is to be paid on the day of counseling/admission and subsequent fees on the dates to be notified.
- Is there any capitation fee?
No, candidates need to pay only the fees mentioned at the time of counseling
- Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to MRDC?
No. However, we do have designated City Offices which help candidates for getting admission form and other related information. Please visit the College website for further details.
- Will I get hostel allotment at the time of admission?
Yes, all admitted candidates are entitled for hostel accommodation on a first cum first serve basis.
- Does the college have transport facility?
Yes, MREI owns a fleet of luxury AC/Non AC buses. Transport facility is provided for inter-city (Delhi NCR), covering Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Palwal Ballabgarh, Faridabad.
- Is there any extracurricular activities avenues promoted / facility available at MRDC where I can improve upon my skills?
MRDC is situated in MRIIRS campus which has excellent outdoor and indoor activities including an outdoor cricket, football, volleyball and basketball courts and an indoor badminton court and students are encouraged to participate in inter college and interuniversity sports events which are held annually. Annual Cultural events as freshers, farewell are held along with a university cultural fest which enables the student to present their unique talent and help them in their overall personality development.
- Does the college have an attached Hospital?
Besides a dental OPD with advanced clinical and lab facilities for training and research needs of students, MRDC is attached with ESIC hospital Faridabad. The college get patients from in and around areas of Faridabad, In addition regular camps are conducted to ensure students are exposed to wide-ranging dental procedures.
- Will I get a total refund, if I withdraw my admission?
Refund is done as per the refund rules as mentioned in the prospectus.
- Can a undergraduate student do research activities?
MRDC motivates all students to undertake research activities under the supervision of their teaching staff members and are encouraged to present/ publish their research in national/international conferences or peer revied indexed journals
- Who can apply under/ for NRI quota?
Foreign nationals or Non Resident Indians or Indian nationals supported by either parents or brother or sister or spouse having NRI status can apply under the Foreign/ NRI category. However the candidate has to be NEET UG 2021 qualified.
- Is the mess, laundry fee included in the hostel fees?
- What is the scope of BDS?
After BDS from DCI recognized institute, anyone can do private practice or join a group practice. For further specialization one can pursue MDS (Masters in Dental Surgery) in any ne of the dental specialties. Forensic odontology, public health and hospital management courses can also be done and seek employment in related sectors.