MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Management & Humanities
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Faculty of Management and Humanities is comprised of the Department of Management & Commerce and The Department of Humanities.
Department of Management & Commerce
Dr. Rajat Gera
B.Tech., PGDRM – Institute of Rural Management, Ph.D. (GGSIU)
Experience: 17 years
Areas of Interest: Service quality, E-learning, Corporate Reputation,
Structural Equation Modeling, Customer satisfaction, Value , Customer Loyalty and e -Commerce
The Department of Management & Commerce inculcates and practices the philosophy of learning-by-working. Students learn to apply the conceptual knowledge through practice and application to identify, evaluate and resolve business management problems and situations.
The Department is graced by faculty of eminence, Prof (Dr) Sanjay Srivastava who is also the Vice Chancellor of Manav Rachna University and MD of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions. He is an eminent academician, researcher, consultant and trainer in the field of Psychology and Organizational Behaviour.
Prof. Jaideep Singh is an expert in Business and Corporate Communication. He has over three decades of experience in HR and Strategy in reputed corporate groups i.e. Taj Hotels and Jaypee group and is a renowned consultant and trainer for Corporate Executives, IAS officers and academicians.
Prof. B Prasad is an eminent faculty of finance and possesses a varied and rich experience of more than two decades. He has worked with national as well as international organisation of repute. He has been associated with ENPC-School of International Management, Paris, France for more than three years.
Prof. (Dr.) Rajat Gera, is a reputed academician and researcher in Marketing. He has been Guest Faculty at Fontys University, Netherlands and at Dr Bang University, Almaty, Kazakhasthan. He is an alumnus of Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) and PhD from GGS Indraprastha University, New Delhi. He has been associated with IMT, Ghaziabad and Fore School of Management, New Delhi as faculty of marketing.
Prof (Dr) Bindu Agarwal is an expert in Finance and Entrepreneurship and is an invited Guest speaker in National and International forums. She is a certified Entrepreneurship Educator from University of Florida, U.S. and National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and has recently been awarded as “Best Mentor Award” by Accenture for the year 2016.
Prof (Dr) Priyanka Srivastava is qualified SLET in Management from Ranchi University and JRF at Indian School of Mines (now IIT-Dhanbad). She is doctorate in the area of Entrepreneurship Management from ISM Dhanbad and has published research in reputed journals.
Prof (Dr) Pooja Kapoor is an expert in Finance who has been awarded ‘A’ level performance certificate in UNIDO sponsored research project. She is a silver level faculty for the Soft Skills Programme of Infosys Campus Connect.
Prof (Dr) Pragati Chauhan has over fourteen years of academic and corporate experience and is an active contributor in Social Responsibility, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Economics, Financial Services and Banking. She is a certified NEN Trainer in Entrepreneurship and has coordinated an AICTE funded project on Entrepreneurship development in campus for 2 years.
Prof (Dr) Sudhir Sachdev has over twenty three years of corporate and academic experience. He has coordinated AICTE sponsored ‘Faculty Development Programme’s and is an expert in Managerial Economics and Business Statistics.
Almost all the faculty of the Department is PhD qualified with varied and rich experience in academics and Industry.
Foreign Knowledge Partnerships
- Royal Agricultural University, UK
- Tennessee University, USA
- Wiley’s India
- Bloomberg Professional Services
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- President University, Indonesia
- Institute of Management Accountants, USA
Cygnus Hospitals, FIA, FSIA, AIMA, PHD Chambers, CREDAI, BMIC, FICCI, NEN, SIDBI, NIESBUD, NSIC, MSME, NEN, Miles Education
- Accomplished Doctoral Faculty, Applied research and relevant outreach activities
- Regular interface with Industry leaders and academic experts (Guest lectures and Industry visits)
- Collaboration with Bloomberg professional services for financial software, data & support in research and pedagogy.
- Training on Bloomberg terminals and financial software
- Trans Disciplinary learning with choice of subjects over and above the core management subjects
- Industry-driven curriculum and pedagogy
- Focus on applied and experiential learning
- Contemporary pedagogy-live case studies, Role plays, Simulation and Business games.
- SAP/Foreign language/Soft Skill training as part of the curriculum
The curricula for all the programmes have been designed on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of Elective and skill based Courses in Foreign Language, Photography and Video Development, Event Management, Spirituality, Incubation, Physiotherapy, Computer Skills, Sports, culture, applied sciences, engineering, Computer science, and Humanities. Students develop their organizational skills and talent through clubs and Society’s like Leo Club, Management Club, Music Club and Dance Clubs.
Students are supported to develop their capabilities and skills to make them employable. The Career Development Cell imparts training in Communication (Interpersonal and Intra Personal), Grooming, Negotiation, Group Discussion, Team Work and Leadership. The Corporate Resource Center develops relationships with Corporate, NGOs, International Institutions and Government bodies to create career opportunities. Over 150 Corporate offered placement to students in various programs with placement package of upto Rs 7 lakhs per annum for graduates.
Students are also supported in their entrepreneurial ventures for which training programs are organized. The Manav Rachna Entrepreneurship Ecosystem facilitates the creation of new products and services and the launch of new ventures.
The Program is mentored and guided by an Advisory board consisting of renowned and accomplished industry leaders, corporate heads, academicians, practitioners and experts in finance, sales and marketing, energy, construction and environment, entrepreneurship, media, sports, real estate, project management, healthcare and international relations.
- Mr Mudassir Zaidi, National Director – Residential, Knight Frank India
- Mr S P S Bakshi, CMD, Engineering Projects India Limited, India
- Mr Vijay Mewani, Sr Vice President, Project Management, Supertech Ltd, India
- Mr Kamaljeet Singh, Sr Vice President, Bestech India Pvt Ltd, India
- Mr Mukul Gupta, Consultant , Project Management, India
- Mr Abhimanyu Chib, President Sales and Marketing, J C World
- Ms Christine Sharma, CEO India , Narrowcasters Audio Tours
- Dr SamehAboul-enein, Deputy Ambassador of Egypt to the United Kingdom and a visiting lecturer on disarmament at London Academy of Diplomacy, UK
- Dr Andrea Bartolli, Dean, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr Borislava Manojlovic, Director of Research Projects, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr Remiguisz Smolinski, Professor, School of Business and Social Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr Anil Kashyap, Professor Deputy Head, School of Energy, Construction and Environment, Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, Coventry University, UK.
- Mr AlokeVatsyayan, Director – Consulting Practices, DMG Consulting Pvt Ltd, India
- Prof. R.K.Chandra,, Senior Adviser,, Mentorship Support Network & MUDRA Loans Scheme , NIESBUD
- Asgar Ahmed F, Director, National Entrepreneurship Network, Wadhwani Foundation
- Dr. Benoit Leleux, Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, IMD, Switzerland
- Prof Roger Healy, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, USA
- Mr. Kapil Dev, Former Indian Cricket Captain
- Mr. Madanlal, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Virender Sahwag, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Abhinav Bhindra, World and Olympic champion in 10 m Air Rifle
- Mr. Gagan Narang, Air rifle gold medalist in World Cup and Olympics Bronze medalist
- Mr. Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Mr. B K Sinha, IPS, ADGP/vigilance, Haryana Government.
- Mr. Vikrant Gupta, Senior Editor, AajTak
- Mr Vijay Lokbali, Editor, The Hindu
- Ms . Manjushree Roy, Administrator- Indira Gandhi Nehru Stadium, New Delhi
- Dr Robert Frye, Director, Wellness and Recreation Center – MMC, Florida International University, WRC 105, Miami, USA
- Mr. Arman P. Medina, Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Kinesiology, San José State University, One Washington Square, San José, California, USA