MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Prof. (Dr.) A.K. Gupta
Manav Rachna University (Erstwhile Manav Rachna College of Engineering) was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (an Autonomous body of the UGC, Govt. of India) with ‘A Grade'( a coveted achievement for an Engineering Institution in the State of Haryana) in the year 2011. Subsequent to that, an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was set up to carry out quality audit aimed at optimizing institutional processes and procedures, bracing up continuous improvement in teaching learning and evaluation processes, providing impetus to research, development and extension activities, enhance student – support system and their career progression and stock of Institutional Governance culminating in an incremental accretion. It also plays a key role in promoting quality culture in the University. The Cell conducts numerous programmes to attain the load down objection s for enhancing the quality of Education as well as students support services.
Members of IQAC are drawn from various stakeholder groups including senior faculty, University administration, Industry representatives, alumni and students. The Cell works in close coordination with Manav Rachna Academic Staff College, the apex MR entity for Faculty and Staff development.
Some of the functions of IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/ parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circlesVI. Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Various processes like curriculum design and development, obtaining feedback from various stakeholders IQAC (1)like students, parents, teachers, industry experts, recruiters and other peer groups were designed, sharpened and optimized. These initiatives have paid rich dividends as corroborated by an overall enhancement in various processes including accreditation of B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering, B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering and B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering programmes by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Besides playing its sentinel role for quality control, IQAC has ushered in ambience wherein every stakeholder in MRU places a high premium on quality as the objective function and value addition which accrues. MRU employs the vehicle of IQAC for an inexorable continuous quality improvement.
As a requirement of NAAC the institute established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2012.
Role: IQAC acts as a nodal unit for reviewing the institutional academic policies and practices and augments quality related activities.
- Prepare a Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) and submit it to the NAAC.
- Organise Faculty Development Programs/Workshops/Seminars etc on quality related themes.
- Review institutional process/processes.
- Organise annual meeting which would act as a forum for presentation and analysis of
- Review of Institutional process/processes carried out by IQAC.
- Focused action plans of important institutional offices