MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
About The Department
Dr. Y K Awasthi,
(HEAD – ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING)
Ph. D (RF & Microwave Engineering)
Experience: 15 years Teaching & Research
Areas of Interest: Modeling high-frequency passive microwave components, Microwave & mm-Wave antennas, Meta-material absorber & cloaking, Study of transient, RF Power Transfer & Energy Harvesting.
The department started in 2004 with under graduate programmes in Electronics and Communication Engineering and later added Post Graduate programmes with specialization in VLSI Design, Communication Engineering, and Embedded Systems with the vision of being recognized as a leading centre of technical education. The Department has strong research programmes leading to PhD degree in all the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The Department has a pool of well qualified faculty members with rich experience in academia and industrial exposure who have been imparting quality education at UG and PG level. The Department is committed to provide an outstanding research and learning environment to its students. The faculty members are constantly involved in research activities in the areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
The department has expertise in the areas of VLSI Design, Signal Processing, Wireless & Optical Communication Networks, Antenna & RF System Design, Image, Speech & Video Processing and Testing & Verification of VLSI Design, Reconfigurable Processor and Embedded System Design.
In future, the department plans to undertake research in newer areas like Body Area Networks (BAN), Energy Efficient Networks (EEN), mm-Wave Systems, Imaging, Computational Electromagnetics, Green Communication and Computing, Organic Electronics, RF Energy Transfer, Healthcare Informatics, Energy Harvesting.
State-of-art laboratories have been set up in the department for both UG as well as for PG Programmes which are well equipped with computational facilities with resources, both in terms of hardware and software. The Department offers in-house summer training to the students which have specific customized programme for extended learning. Students also actively organize and participate in various workshops and seminars under the aegis of IEEE/IIRS/NITTTR etc.
- B.Tech. (4 years) Electronics & Computer Engineering
- M.Tech. (2 years) Electronics & Communication Engineering with Specialization in Embedded System & VLSI
- Ph.D. Electronics & Communication Engineering (Major areas of research- RF & Microwave Systems, Microelectronics & VLSI, Power System Analysis, Analog/Digital Signal Processing, Image processing, Embedded System Design, Communication System etc.
To be a leading center of technical education with a global perspective and an ambience conducive for change, creativity and innovation.
- To build capacity for applying cutting edge technologies in the development of new Electronics& Communication products and services.
- To collaboratively develop programs/courses for industry/society at large.
- To provide opportunities for international exposure.
- To supplement the curriculum with co and extracurricular activities, fill in gaps and develop multi-disciplinary capacity.
- To strengthen and provide support in sustaining a healthy society by improving the quality of life through application of technology.
Companies which design integrated electronics and computer systems require engineers who possess the software skills to complement traditional electronic hardware skills. The programs offered by department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been designed in response to these industry demands to develop students with required skills in an integrated way and the analytical powers to apply them jointly.
Excellent career paths are available to the Electronics & Computer Engineering graduates. These graduates would have excellent opportunities in Public/Govt. sector organizations like BEL, BSNL, BHEL, NHPC, NTPC, DMRC, C-Dot, HAL, Airport Authority, BARC, ISRO, DRDO, NTRO, CSIR, SAMEER. Other sectors which offer job opportunities are armed forces, railways, technical universities, banking sector and state electricity boards. MNCs namely Hewlett Packard, Agilent, Cadence, Synopsis, TruechipSolutions, Texas Instruments, Simmtronics, Qualcomm, Cognizant, ST-Microelectronics, MIDAS Communication are also the major recruiters of ECM students. Apart from the placements in reputed organizations, many students also opt for higher studies through CAT, GATE, GRE etc.