MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
About The Department
Dr. Y K Awasthi,
(HEAD – ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING)
Ph. D (RF & Microwave Engineering)
Experience: 15 years Teaching & Research
Areas of Interest: Modeling high-frequency passive microwave components, Microwave & mm-Wave antennas, Meta-material absorber & cloaking, Study of transient, RF Power Transfer & Energy Harvesting.
The department started in 2004 with under graduate programmes in Electronics and Communication Engineering and later added Post Graduate programmes with specialization in VLSI Design, Communication Engineering, and Embedded Systems with the vision of being recognized as a leading centre of technical education. The Department has strong research programmes leading to PhD degree in all the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The Department has a pool of well qualified faculty members with rich experience in academia and industrial exposure who have been imparting quality education at UG and PG level. The Department is committed to provide an outstanding research and learning environment to its students. The faculty members are constantly involved in research activities in the areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
The department has expertise in the areas of VLSI Design, Signal Processing, Wireless & Optical Communication Networks, Antenna & RF System Design, Image, Speech & Video Processing and Testing & Verification of VLSI Design, Reconfigurable Processor and Embedded System Design.
In future, the department plans to undertake research in newer areas like Body Area Networks (BAN), Energy Efficient Networks (EEN), mm-Wave Systems, Imaging, Computational Electromagnetics, Green Communication and Computing, Organic Electronics, RF Energy Transfer, Healthcare Informatics, Energy Harvesting.
State-of-art laboratories have been set up in the department for both UG as well as for PG Programmes which are well equipped with computational facilities with resources, both in terms of hardware and software. The Department offers in-house summer training to the students which have specific customized programme for extended learning. Students also actively organize and participate in various workshops and seminars under the aegis of IEEE/IIRS/NITTTR etc.
- B.Tech (4 years) Electronic and Computers
- M.Tech. (2 years) Electronics & Communication Engineering with Specialization in Embedded System & VLSI
- Ph.D. Electronics & Communication Engineering (Major areas of research- RF & Microwave Systems, Microelectronics & VLSI, Power System Analysis, Analog/Digital Signal Processing, Image processing, Embedded System Design, Communication System etc.
To be a leading center of technical education with a global perspective and an ambience conducive for change, creativity and innovation.
- To build capacity for applying cutting edge technologies in the development of new Electronics& Communication products and services.
- To collaboratively develop programs/courses for industry/society at large.
- To provide opportunities for international exposure.
- To supplement the curriculum with co and extracurricular activities, fill in gaps and develop multi-disciplinary capacity.
- To strengthen and provide support in sustaining a healthy society by improving the quality of life through application of technology.
- Preparation: Transformation from ordinary to professional
To prepare students with the knowledge of Electronics and Computers, analytical and thinking skills for their transformation to a Professional.
- Core Competence: Magnifying the fundamental prerequisites
A strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals, to trigger them for the delivery of efficient solutions to challenging problems in Electronics, Computers and allied disciplines for the current need as well as for future needs.
- Design Competence: Aiding the students in the R & D competency
Get them involved in research activities with faculty members to impart them with good scientific and engineering depth and breadth of knowledge including proficiency in hardware languages, latest software tools, ability to modify the experiment things in lab into reality.
- Professionalism: Developing lifelong and world-class employability
To provide student awareness of the life-long learning and provide a familiarity with professional issues in Electronics as well as Computer science engineering thereby increasing their employability rate.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a component, a circuit or a system, and provide results with logical conclusions.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to select and apply appropriate techniques for the design and analysis of systems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyse problems.
- Graduates will show an understanding of impact of engineering solutions on society and also be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and commitment of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form, with society at large.
- Graduates will develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
Companies which design integrated electronics and computer systems require engineers who possess the software skills to complement traditional electronic hardware skills. The programs offered by department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been designed in response to these industry demands to develop students with required skills in an integrated way and the analytical powers to apply them jointly.
Excellent career paths are available to the Electronics & Computer Engineering graduates. These graduates would have excellent opportunities in Public/Govt. sector organizations like BEL, BSNL, BHEL, NHPC, NTPC, DMRC, C-Dot, HAL, Airport Authority, BARC, ISRO, DRDO, NTRO, CSIR, SAMEER. Other sectors which offer job opportunities are armed forces, railways, technical universities, banking sector and state electricity boards. MNCs namely Hewlett Packard, Agilent, Cadence, Synopsis, TruechipSolutions, Texas Instruments, Simmtronics, Qualcomm, Cognizant, ST-Microelectronics, MIDAS Communication are also the major recruiters of ECM students. Apart from the placements in reputed organizations, many students also opt for higher studies through CAT, GATE, GRE etc.