MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Faculty of Education aims to fulfill the vision of the University with its commitment to the highest standards of research and teaching and is a significant contributor to the improvement of educational policy and practice in partnership with schools, colleges and other educational agencies.
The Department of Education is one of the youngest department of the University. The department aims to hire the best professionals in the field of education from the premier institutions of the country. With high experience and specialization in core area of education the faculty shall train human resources who can inspire young minds to be reflective practitioner of tomorrow. The department offers facilities like ICT labs, Art and Craft lab, Maths and Science lab, language lab, Health & Physical Education, Psychology lab and the campus is Wi – Fi enabled.
- Tailor made opportunity for progressive and ambitious teachers of tomorrow
- Save valuable one year
- Provide twin opportunity for masters degree
- Catalyze placement opportunities
- Amalgamate graduation degree with professional degree
- Instrumental in bringing innate abilities through advanced skill development labs.
Candidates having passed with 50% or more marks aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree and/or in Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
Admission Process: Admission shall be made on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in MRNAT (Manav Rachna National Admission Test) +GD/PI. Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of marks in qualifying degree
Vision and Mission:
- Advocacy of Research and critical inquiry culture
- Building of research capabilities and resources
- Demonstration and affirmation of best practices
- Exploration and evaluation of professional learning practices
- Collaborative learning culture
- Imbibing the ethics and values based on Indian philosophy.
TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Department of education, MRU recognizes the importance of both pre-service and in-service teacher training.
In-service teacher training include need-based professional development programs for teachers of different schools. Workshops are being conducted from time to time on various significant themes like innovative teaching strategies, effective counseling techniques, concept mapping and classroom management etc.
Pre-service teacher training programs includes following courses on regular basis:
OUTCOMES: The student teacher shall be able to
- Analyze the needs of learners and create learning opportunities for diverse learners and learning contexts
- Plan learning experiences in and outside the classroom
- Apply knowledge of different communication techniques, including ICT, to foster active enquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the classroom.
- Use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual social, emotional and physical development of the learners.
- Apply reflective practices that continually evaluate the effect of his/her choices and actions.
MRU Reservation Policy:
The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility criteria will be given to the candidates belonging to Women, SC/ST/OBC/PWD, Kashmiri Migrants, North East States, Sports Personnel(with authorized participation of National Level), Son/Daughter of Defence Personnel Categories and Foreign National Categories, provided the minimum is not below as prescribed by the concerned regulatory body.
Note: A relaxation in cut-off percentage up to 10% subject to minimum eligibility requirements will be given to Kashmiri Migrants.
A minimum of 25% seats for admission in the University shall be reserved for the students of State of Haryana, out of which 10% seats will be reserved for students belonging to Scheduled Caste of the State of Haryana.
Admission shall be made on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in MRNAT (Manav Rachna National Admission Test) +GD/PI. Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of marks in qualifying degree.
SALIENT FEATURES AND WORKSHOPS
- A legacy of 20 years of Excellence of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions forms the backbone of the department.
- A strong web of allied Manav Rachna International Schools for on the job training.
- Ample placement opportunities in allied schools on merit basis.
- Interdisciplinary support from department of :
- Foreign languages
- Career Development Centre
- Sports Academy
- Information and Communication Technology
- Enduring exposure to International Curriculum of global schools
- Innovative resource labs
- Language lab
- Skill lab
- ICT lab
- Robotic lab
- STEM Science lab
- Fully Air conditioned campus along with Wi-Fi facility
- Research opportunities under highly qualified and eminent professors.
- On going grooming of future as well as in service teachers with emphasis on soft skills
- International exposure in close collaboration with University of Applied Sciences LAMK-Helsinki Finland.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE
Mrs. Goldy Malhotra
Executive Director, Faculty of Education , MRU
To meet the diverse needs of School Education that has seen a big change in the recent past, we need professional teachers as thinkers and decision makers. Manav Rachna University has specially designed a curriculum that goes beyond the demands of classroom teaching.
The Faculty of Education is offering four year integrated B.A. B.Ed. and B.Sc. B.Ed. course along with two year B.Ed and MA in Education.
The Faculty of Education is offering four year integrated B.A.B.Ed. and BSc. B.Ed. course along with two year B.Ed. This course will enable us to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius in each student to hone their skills. To balance the knowledge of Science and Arts, the use of technology with advanced instructions will enable the future teachers to assimilate and articulate new ideas for a holistic approach. The importance of Visual and Performing Arts is well established in curriculum to groom the personality of students. In our well equipped environment, the teachers of tomorrow will have specific, concise and very relevant content to prepare themselves to play a role of true 21st Century facilitator.
International exposure in close association with the University of Applied Sciences LAMK Helsinki, Finland will make this course a class apart.
The placement for the successful candidates in leading schools will be a huge incentive to boost the confidence of students. Accepting this responsibility is a challenge for us for our authentic achievement at Manav Rachna University.