MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADMISSION SEEKERS
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Application for admission shall be submitted online only at the University website www.mru.edu.in for which application fee of Rs.1200/- is payable. Payment can be made through Credit/Debit card at the time of submission of application. Alternatively, candidate may purchase Admission Brochure from MRU Campus, Administrative Headquarters or City Centres, details of which are available on University website. Admission Brochure contains a Scratch Card consisting of a covered number, which will facilitate submission of application form online. Admission Brochure without Scratch Card may be downloaded from MRU website free of cost.
Once online application for admission is submitted successfully, the system will generate a unique application number which may be noted by the candidates as the same shall act as a Reference Number for all subsequent correspondence till the candidate is actually admitted.
DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Read instructions for filling up Online Application Form carefully on the opening page after you Click ‘Apply Now for Admission’ Tab on the MRU Website Home Page.
- Keep a Digitized Photograph (of size upto maximum 80 KB), ready on your Computer Desktop for uploading, 30mmx 45m min size in a formal dress against plain background. Avoid photographs in T Shirts /Tops/Flashy Clothing because this photograph will go for your identity card. Also keep ready a copy of mark sheet of Secondary (10th), Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination and other qualifying exam, if any.
- Fill-up all fields with the correct information. Names and surnames are to be written in capitals. At other places, do not use all Capital/Small Letters. Use Sentence case. Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisks, without which application will not be submitted. You will have the liberty to edit certain fields as directed by the format including Address, Mobile Number, and Qualifying Examination Result etc.
- Take out two print-outs of the final version of the completed online application form which must be brought at the time of physical counseling for admission.
Selection of the candidate is subject to being found fit during the MRNAT/SAT*/GD/PI, wherever indicated.
* SAT scores are accepted at Manav Rachna. In order to send SAT scores to Manav Rachna University, use the College Board code- 7567.
To register for an upcoming SAT exam, Click here
You can find available test centers to sit for the SAT Click here
NOTIFICATION OF SCHEDULE FOR PHYSICAL COUNSELING FOR ADMISSION
- For detailed admission calendar. Click Here
- Look for notices/alerts by clicking the ‘Admission Notices/Alerts’ on the homepage of MRU website.
- The Schedule for Physical Counseling for Admission and other related information will be available on the website as and when published. MRNAT results and Merit list for various courses/programmes shall also be available on the website.
PHYSICAL COUNSELING FOR ADMISSION
1. It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in person for physical counseling for admission before the Admission Committee. No relaxation of any kind is permissible in this regard.
2. Candidate must bring the following documents in original along with two sets of attested photocopies:
a) Secondary School Examination Certificate (10th) as proof of Date of Birth
b) Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate (10+2)
c) Detailed Mark sheets/Provisional Certificate/Degree/ Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination
d) Character Certificate from the Institution last attended
e) Result card of the relevant entrance examination
f) Five passport size coloured photographs in formal dress
g) Certificate of Medical Fitness
h) Migration Certificate
i) Proof of Residence (Aadhar Card/ Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Driving License etc.)
j) Undertaking by candidate and by parents for “Anti Ragging”, the format for which shall be available on MRU website.
k) Sworn(e) Affidavit attested by the Oath Commissioner/ Notary Public for the total family income from all sources along with proof of income in terms of IT Return/Form 16 issued by the Employer of the parent(s) for the previous year or proof of survey conducted by DRDA of the District concerned or any other authorized Government authority for students applying for merit cum means scholarship.
l) Caste Certificate for students applying under SC Category issued by the Govt. bodies i.e.
(i) SDM/ Tehsildar cum Executive magistrate of the district.
(ii) Naib Tehsildar cum executive Magistrate
(iii) Head of department in case of Govt. employee.
m) Certificate issued by Zila Sainik Board in case of Ex. Defence Personnel ward
n) Any other document required/notified later.
All other documents, if any, must be submitted on the orientation day, before the start of classes or within 3 days from the date of admission, whichever is later.
3. On the day of physical counseling, candidates shall report on the Registration Desk, arrange documents in the specified sequence in the file cover given on the spot, appear before the Document Verification Committee for verification of documents and move to the Admission Committee if found eligible.
4. Admission committee shall allot the seats subject to availability to the Candidates in order of merit and the candidates shall be required to deposit fee on the spot either through Demand Draft, Credit /Debit Card. Cheques shall not be accepted. Additional conveyance charges are payable as per rules in case of payment is made through Credit / Debit Card.
5. The seat shall be deemed to be allotted only on submission of fee. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot, the right to admission shall be forfeited and the seat shall be offered to the candidate next in the merit list.
6. If a candidate reports late for admission on the designated day and time, he / she will be offered the seat available at the time of his appearance before the Admission Committee.
7. All candidates are advised to report on the day of physical counseling in a formal and presentable dress as a fresh photograph may be required to be clicked on the spot.
8. Students admitted shall collect their original testimonials / certificates at the time of allotment of seat against acknowledgment. All such students are also advised to keep a watch on MRU Website for further instructions if any.
PREPARATION OF MERIT LIST
The Merit Lists for each programme shall be prepared as per the following criteria:
(a) UG Programmes
- For Admission Criteria refer to the individual program Pages
- Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of marks in qualifying degree.
- Candidates are advised to supply the respective score in the application form as soon as the results are declared by the respective examination bodies. Those students who fail to supply any of these results shall go down in the merit list in the absence of respective weightage. Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of the marks in the qualifying examination.
- The ranks in the respective merit list shall be available on MRU Website against Application Sequence Number generated by the system at the time of submission of online application.
- The admission shall be made only if the candidate has been declared clear pass in the qualifying examination. Candidates having compartment shall not be admitted in any of the UG programme till their result for the supplementary examination has been declared within the final cut off date of admission.
b) PG Programmes
- For M. Tech. programmes, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of valid GATE score in the relevant stream. Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of marks in qualifying degree.
- For M.Sc. and M.A. Education programmes, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in MRNAT 2018 or SAT. Seats remaining vacant, if any shall be filled on the basis of marks in qualifying degree.
- The candidates are advised to supply the respective score in the application form as soon as the results are declared by the respective examination bodies. Those students who fail to supply any of these results shall go down in the merit list in the absence of merit making criteria.
- The candidates may be admitted provisionally subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria on or before the last date of admission. For the purpose of preparation of Merit List, the marks scored upto pre final year of the qualifying examination shall be considered for those whose result has not been declared for the final year/ semester. Student having compartments in any of the previous year shall not get credit for the subjects which he/ she has not passed at the time of admission.
The SAT Suite of Assessments helps students navigate their path through high school toward college and career along with a range of benefits to students. SAT is an admission test which is accepted by all U.S. colleges and Manav Rachna. SAT score are reported through the integrated score reporting portal. A single sign-in grants access to score data from every assessment in the SAT Suite of Assessments. The scores include subscores and cross-test scores which provide insight into students’ specific strengths and weaknesses.
For SAT Score dates and test centres, Click here
- The last date of admissions for the B.Tech. programmes will be 15 August 2018. For other programmes, the last date of admissions is 30 September 2018.
- Admission Committee shall exercise fair discretion to see that based upon the academic performance in exam result which is available at the time of admission, whether the candidate is likely to meet the eligibility criteria. However, it will be sole responsibility of the candidate to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for admission by the cut off date mentioned above and no relaxation in minimum eligibility criteria shall be granted.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
Manav Rachna University presently follows the reservation policy as under:
- NRI/Foreign National/PIO seats: 15% in all programmes/courses.
- General Seats: 85% (25% seats are reserved for Haryana domicile students, of which 10% seats are for the SC candidates of Haryana).
- Kashmiri Migrants: 1 seat in merit quota for all the programmes
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MRU (NRI / PIO / FOREIGN )
Programmes offered: The details of the programmes available and eligibility criteria shall be same for all the programmes as prescribed above.
NRI/PIO/Foreign Nationals seeking admissions in different programs in MRU may submit scanned copy of duly filled and signed simplified application form downloadable from MRU website: www.mru.edu.in along with scanned copy of the following certificates.
Academic Transcript translated in English (If original transcript is in a language other than English),the translated transcript in English shall have to be attested by Indian Embassy of the candidates Country or Embassy of Candidate’s Country in India or by Head of Department, Department of Education, Province/Federal Government of the Candidate’s Country.
Passport showing the name, address, validity, issuing authority, valid reason if any etc.
The candidates shall also be required to submit two letters of recommendation from the faculty, authorities of their pervious institution/school. In case of application for under graduate programme one LOR may preferably be from school counselor.
On receipt of application form, MRU shall get the eligibility of the candidate confirmed for the applied academic programme and convey to the candidate whether he/she is eligible for admission or not.
A candidate who has been adjudged eligible for admission in a particular programme shall be required to deposit the Ist installment of fee as under through Bank Transfer, after verification of which MRU shall issue a Provisional Admission Letter for facilitating the candidates to apply for Visa.
MANAV RACHNA NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST (MRNAT 2018)
MRNAT 2018 (Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test) shall be conducted by the University across various disciplines. University has deployed technology developed by India’s leading assessment agency to ensure fair and transparent conduct of online test. The candidates shall be allotted a designated computer system in the examination centre and shall be required to login using Application Sequence Number and Password as conveyed to the applicant or in the exam hall prior to the examination through email. It is therefore advised not to share Email IDs and Password with others to avoid complications. The questions shall appear on the monitor and the candidates shall submit answers by using mouse only. The computer system is connected to a Central Server which delivers the test in real time without web connectivity. All other functions are disabled in the machine and there is no Human involvement in the test. No formal computer knowledge is required to appear for the test. Other details and sample questions are also available on the MRNAT Tab of University website. The candidate will be intimated about the place, date and time of the Test, through email and SMS well in time. For all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at Manav Rachna Campus & other locations as given on the website.
For MRNAT dates please refer to Admission Calendar 2018 – 2019
UniGAUGE E 2018
‘As we begin our admission process for the academic year 2018-19 , I would like to take the opportunity to thank you, for your continued support in facilitating engineering admissions through Uni-GAUGE.
We are glad to announce that we would be starting the Uni-GAUGE application process on 16th Jan 2018.As in the previous year, COMEDK and Uni-GAUGE-E exam would be conducted as a combined exam on 13th May 2018.We are expecting almost 1 Lac applicants to appear for the exam this year , including 20000 unique Uni-GAUGE applicants .
To Apply for Uni-GAUGE Click here: https://www.unigauge.com/
A brief view of the Uni-GAUGE calendar for 2018 is below:
|Start date for registration and issue of online Application for Uni-GAUGE E 2018||16th JAN 2018|
|Mock test made available online||5th FEB 2018|
|Application Last Date||19th APRIL 2018|
|Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website||4th MAY 2018|
|Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT||12th MAY 2018|
|Uni-GAUGE E 2018 Engineering Entrance Exam 2018||13th MAY 2018|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/ challenge of Provisional Answer keys||17th MAY 2018|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||21st MAY 2018|
|Publishing of Final Answer keys||25th MAY 2018|
|Result Date||28th MAY 2018|
This year , Uni-GAUGE focus would be to work closely with our partner universities with a single minded goal to increase final enrolments. In this context we have learnt from you on what has worked for our partner universities in 2018
To discuss this crucial topic of enrolment, we intend to conduct a workshop at Bangalore. I would like invite your Admission Director /Head for the meeting .
PAYMENT THROUGH BANK TRANSFER: BANK’S DETAILS
Name & Address of the Bank
|Karnataka Bank Ltd SCO 143, Ground Floor, Shopping Centre, Sector 21C, Faridabad, Haryana,|
|Account Name||ManavRachna University|
The charges for financial transactions through the bank shall be borne by the students.