MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADMISSION SEEKERS
STEP -1 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FILLING
Application for admission shall be submitted online only on the portal www.manavrachna.edu.in. The candidate may fill the application form without waiting for the results of qualifying examination (XII/Graduation/Diploma as the case may be).The prospective student is advised to carefully fill all the details and prioritize the choice of programs he/she wishes to apply. Total 3 (three) choices are allowed. Application fee of Rs. 1200/- is payable. Payment can be made through Net Banking/ Credit/Debit card/E wallets at the time of submission of application. Alternatively, candidate may procure the Admission Brochure from Manav Rachna Campus, Administrative Headquarters or City Centers, details of which are available on Manav Rachna website. Admission Brochure contains a Scratch Card (voucher code) consisting of a covered number, which will facilitate submission of application form online. Admission Brochure without Scratch Card (voucher code) may be downloaded from Manav Rachna website free of cost. Once online application for admission is submitted successfully, the system will generate a unique application number which must be noted by the candidates as the same shall act as a Reference Number for all subsequent correspondence till the candidate is actually admitted.
- DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Read Instructions for filling up Online Application Form carefully on the opening page after you Click ‘Apply Now’ on the Manav Rachna website Home Page.
Keep a Digitized Photograph ready on your Computer Desktop for uploading with maximum 80 KB memory, 30mm x 45mm in size in a formal dress against plain background. Candidates are advised to avoid photographs in T-Shirts/ Tops/Flashy Clothing because this photograph will be used for all subsequent transactions including preparations of ID card and Academic Transcripts. Also keep ready scanned copy of Secondary School Examination Certificate (10th as proof of Date of Birth), Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate (10+2 mark sheet), final year consolidated mark sheet/Provisional Certificate Degree/Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination, if any.
Fill-up all fields with the correct information; Applicant’s & Parent’s detail as given in the mark sheet/testimonial of last qualifying examination. Do not use all Capital/ Small Letters. Use Sentence case. Mandatory fields are marked with Asterisks, without which application will not be submitted. You will have the liberty to edit certain fields as indicated in the format of application including Address, Mobile Number, Qualifying Examination Result etc.
- Take out print-out of the final version of the online application form which must be brought at the time of Physical Verification of Documents/Enrollment Process.
STEP -II UPLOADING OF DOCUMENTS
Every candidate shall be required to upload the following documents along with the application:
- Class 10th mark sheet: Mandatory for all Programmes
- Address Proof: For all Programmes
- 12th standard mark sheet (if result is yet not announced : school ID card + score card of XI class / predictive score of XII class issued by school authorities): Mandatory
- For UG Engineering Programmes: Mark sheets / score of merit defining document i.e. Valid Score of JEE Mains-2019/SAT/UNIGAUGE, as applicable, in which the candidate has appeared.
- For UG Law Programmes: Mark sheets / score of merit defining document i.e. Valid score of CLAT/SAT, as applicable, in which the candidate has appeared.
- For UG Programmes in Education, Sciences and Management: Mark sheets / score of merit defining document i.e. Valid score of SAT, as applicable, in which the candidate has appeared.
- 12th standard mark sheet: Mandatory
- Pre-final Year Mark sheets of higher education qualification (For PG Program): Mandatory
- Valid Score of GATE-2019 for M.Tech Programme, if candidate has appeared.
STEP-III SELECTION OF CANDIDATE AND OFFER OF ADMISSION LETTER
Merit Defining Document: Admission to various programs is based on merit as specified in Admission Brochure under heading PROGRAMS OFFERED AT MRU for various programmes. For details refer page no. __to__. Admissions to all programs are also made on the basis of Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test (MRNAT) for which the scores shall automatically be picked up for merit. The complete details of MRNAT-2019 is given at page __ of Admission Brochure.
All Candidates shall be allowed to prioritize choices amongst the programs at the application stage itself. A candidate, who initially does not get the choice program in the first list, shall be offered admission in subsequent choices filled. University shall announce vacancy, if any, at a later date and desirous candidate shall have an option of appearing in the ‘on the spot counseling’ and may get up graded as per the merit of the participating candidates.
- Seats in the programs shall be allotted on the basis of preferences indicated in the application form, strictly in order of merit.
- The program wise selection of candidates amongst applications received shall be drawn based on the actual marks scored by the candidate in Merit Defining Exam
Score. For JEE mains 2019 Exams, marks in Overall category shall only be considered and marks under any special category or state etc. shall not be taken into account.
The vacant seats, if any, after filling the seats for each programme with relevant score in JEE Mains-2019/SAT/UNIGAUGE/GATE/MRNAT entrance test, shall be filled-up on the basis of qualifying examination on merit.
- More than one list may be announced.
All selected candidates shall be communicated with Admission offer letter, further guidelines and other details through e-mail. Candidates are advised to check their SPAM or JUNK folder as well regularly and white-list the following email id : firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that this is the only official mail ID of the University, for all communications related to admissions in the year 2019.
- It is essential for the candidate to provide the marks of the merit criteria determining examination to the University immediately, after declaration of results. Candidate is required to log in to application form, fill in details and submit the application form. The details have to be filled before the due date of merit announcement. Non- compliance shall be at candidate’s risk and no claim can be made for consideration for merit.
Candidates who are offered provisional admission based on declared scores in the application, will be required to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination i.e. (10+2 or equivalent) to the University authorities at the time of physical verification of documents failing which, such provisional admission will stand cancelled. No representations for extension of dates shall be entertained. IB/Cambridge qualified Candidates shall be required to obtain the 10+2 equivalence certificate from AIU before above deadlines. Failure to do so may lead to cancellation of admission
Any wrong declaration of marks /Scores, which affects the merit/provide undue advantage, shall lead to disqualification of the candidate and withdrawal of admission.
The detailed schedule for Admission for various programmes is tabulated in Admission Calendar. Please refer page no….of Admission Brochure.
STEP-IV- ACCEPTANCE OF ADMISSION AND PAYMENT OF FEE
All the selected candidates, who receive Admission Offer Letter from the University shall be required to send the Acceptance of Admission for the offered programme in the format which shall be sent by the University Authority along with the Admission Offer Letter.
Thereafter, the candidate shall be required to deposit the 1st installment of fee as detailed at page ___ in the Admission Brochure for various programmes within one week of offer of admission by using any mode as given at page__ of Admission Brochure.
STEP-V PHYSICAL VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS AND ENROLLMENT PROCESS:
- All the candidates, who have accepted the admission after receipt of Admission Offer Letter, shall be required to report at designated venue’s for “Physical Document Verification / Enrollment Process” as per the slots given to them. Candidates are required to bring Letter of ‘Offer of Admission’ and all the original fee receipts.
- Candidates shall also carry all relevant documents in original along with a set of self attested photocopies. Candidates shall upload all the documents (see list on University website at www.manavrachna.edu.in) on Admission Portal prior to verification process.
- Candidates can appear in the “Physical Document Verification / Enrollment Process” after deposition of 1st installment of academic fee, as given on the website. Fee can be deposited using any mode as given on Page ___in Admission Brochure (at least 3 days prior to appearing for this process).
After verifications of relevant documents, all successful candidates shall be issued the Provision Admission Letter along with temporary I-card of the University.
However, in case any provisionally admitted candidate fails to prove his/her eligibility as stated in Admission Brochure from page ___ to ___ by 14th August (for all UG/PG Engineering Programmes) and by 30th September for all other programmes, his/her provisional admission shall automatically stand cancelled, for which he/she will have no claim.
MANAV RACHNA NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST (MRNAT) -2019
MRNAT (Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test) shall be conducted by the University across various disciplines. The test is applicable for candidates seeking admission to under graduate and post graduate programs of all disciplines. The test has 3 major components:
1 Online exam: It is an objective type online exam of 90 minutes duration with questions from syllabus covered in the qualifying exam (eg. XII or Graduation as the case may be) and/or aptitude for the program applied for. (For details check website www.manavrachna.edu.in)
2 GD and/or PI: Candidates shall be assessed for communication skills, ability to express themselves effectively and put across their point of view. They may be challenged to demonstrate their problem solving skills and their ability to be a team player.
University has deployed technology developed by India’s leading assessment agency to ensure fair and transparent conduct of online test. The candidates shall be allotted a designated computer system in the examination centre and shall be required to login using Application Sequence Number and Password as conveyed to the applicant through email or in the exam hall prior to the examination. It is therefore advised not to share Email IDs and Password with others to avoid complications. The questions shall appear on the monitor and the candidates shall submit answers by using mouse only. The computer system is connected to a Central Server which delivers the test in real time without web connectivity. All other functions are disabled in the machine and there is no Human involvement in the test. No formal computer knowledge is required to appear for the test. The candidate will be intimated about the place, date and time of the Test, through email and SMS well in time. For all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at Manav Rachna Campus & other locations as given on the University website.
NOTIFICATION OF SCHEDULE FOR MRNAT FOR ADMISSION
- The detailed admission calendar/key dates is appended at Page No………of this brochure.
The candidates shall be notified through official E-mail for slot and venue for conduct of MRNAT-2019 depending on the date of submission of his/her on-line application for admission and address. However, under exceptional cases the University Authority may consider the candidate’s request for change of time slot/venue.
- Candidates are advised to look for notices / alerts by clicking the ‘Admissions’ Tab on Manav Rachna website.
- The selected candidates on the basis of MRNAT-2019 shall be sent Offer of Admission as mentioned above under step III of Admission Process.
|MRU ADMISSIONS CALENDAR 2019-20|
|B.TECH. PROGRAMME||ALL UG PROGRAMMES EXCEPT B.Tech and B.TECH- LATERAL ENTRY||B.TECH-LATERAL ENTRY AND ALL PG PROGRAMMES|
|Sale of Application forms open||18-10-2018|
|Start of Filling-up of on-line application form||18-10-2018|
|Date of Conduct of MRNAT-2019 and GD/PI||The candidates shall be notified through official E-mail for slot and venue for conduct of MRNAT-2019 depending on the date of submission of his/her on-line application for admission and address.|
|Short listing /Selection of Candidates and Offer of Admission||(A) For applicants seeking admission through MRNAT-2019, the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission within 3-days of conduct of their MRNAT
(B) For applicants with JEE Main 2019 Score, the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission, 22.02.2019 onwards
(C) For applicants with SAT score, the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission, 15.11.2018 onwards
(A) For applicants seeking admission through MRNAT-2019, the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission within 3-days of conduct of their MRNAT
(B) For applicants with SAT score, the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission, 15.11.2018 onwards
(C) For applicants seeking admission in LAW courses, the candidates can send across their scores for various Law entrance tests like CLAT and the selected candidates shall be sent offer of Admission within 3-days of submission of their Score.
|Confirmation of acceptance of Admission and Fee Payment||Within 7 days of communication of Offer of Admission by University Authority|
|Slot Booking for Physical Document Verification / Enrollment Process||Slots shall be communicated by University Authority within 3 days to the candidates who confirm the acceptance of Admission|
|Physical Document Verification / Enrollment Process||As per slot communicated and confirmed|
|Classes Commence||08.07.2019 (Monday)||10.07.2019 (Wednesday)||15.07.2019 (Monday)|
MODE OF DEPOSIT OF FEES BY THE APPLICANTS/STUDENTS
- Cash payment at any branch of Punjab National Bank anywhere in India
Through Pre-Printed Payment Challan. Convenience Charges @ Rs.10/-per transaction are payable to the Bank.
- Through Credit Card for which convenience charges @1.50% are payable.
- Through login at Paytm.com/education. Transaction charges
For payment through this mode are NIL at present.
- Through DD in favour of MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES payable at Faridabad.
- Through ONLINE (NEFT/RTGS) in the Bank details mentioned as under-
NAME OF ACCOUNT-
MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
BANK -PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK SECTOR 43, FARIDABAD
A/C NO. – 3179002100108316
IFS CODE – PUNB0889500
For Fee detail please see schedule of payment at page no….of Admission Brochure
LATE FEE PAYMENT
Note: In semester’s subsequent to 1st, those students who fail to deposit fee by the due date shall be levied a fine of Rs. 100/- per day including Sunday / Holidays up to 15 days. The name of those students, who fail to deposit the fee with requisite fine within 15 days from the due date as mentioned above, shall be struck off from the rolls of the University immediately thereafter. However, such students may be re-admitted with the approval from Registrar after they deposit Rs. 2000/- as re-admission charges along with the fees and fine Rs. 1500/-. The period during which the name of the student remains struck off, will not be treated as inactive period for the purpose of calculation of attendance.
For any further query contact at following phone numbers between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on all weekdays:
Document/Technical Help Desk –
Hostel Booking Help Desk –
Transport Booking Help Desk-
Admission Help Desk – 0129-4259000
PAYMENT OF FEES
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT OF FEES AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION/FIRST YEAR
- a) First Installment: At the time of ACCEPTANCE OF ADMISSION OFFER
- b) Second Installment: On or before 14th November 2019
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT OF FEES IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS
- a) First Installment: On or before 30th April of the calendar year.
- b) Second Installment: On or before 14th November of the calendar year.
PROCEDURE FOR CHANGE OF PROGRAM
Under exceptional circumstances, request for change of program may be considered with the approval of competent authority the recommendations of the Dean of Faculty concerned in which admission has been already sought on payment of requisite processing charge of Rs. 3000/-, provided the seat in which the candidate wants to shift is/are lying vacant.
SCHOLARSHIP/ FREESHIP POLICY
The MRU offers Scholarships to students on the basis of marks/CGPA in the qualifying examination as per following criteria:
UG level Courses
90.00% & above 100% Tuition Fee Waiver.
85.00% & above but below 90.00% 50% Tuition Fee Waiver
80.00% & above but below 85.00% 25% Tuition Fee Waiver
In case of B.Tech.
90.00% & above 50% Tuition Fee Waiver.
85.00% & above but below 90.00% 25% Tuition Fee Waiver
PG level Courses other than M.Tech Programme
80.00% & above 100% Tuition Fee Waiver
75.00% & above but below 80.00% 50% Tuition Fee Waiver
70.00% & above but below 75.00% 25% Tuition Fee Waiver
For M.Tech Programmes there is a Provision of Teaching Assistantship as detailed below:
The selected candidates having more than 70% overall marks or 7.00 CGPA in the qualifying examination shall be provided teaching assistantship on the recommendations of the committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Under this provision, such candidates shall be required to engage with Professors/Associate Professors of the University for Practical and Tutorial Classes with total assignments of 8-10 periods/week and they shall be paid stipend of Rs. 10000/- per month with a maximum limit of payment for 12 months during the complete duration of the M.Tech programme. Continuation of assistantship shall be based on the performance review report by a Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor of the University.
- For purpose of Scholarship/tuition fee waiver, the marks will not be rounded off to the next higher figure and calculation of percentage of marks shall be made on the basis of eligibility subjects in the qualifying examination (same number of subjects).
- However, they are required to pay other fees as applicable to the programme concerned. Such students shall be required to maintain a minimum SGPA of 7.0 in the subsequent (each) semesters without having any compartment in any subject and minimum 75% attendance for each course in each semester, failing which the Scholarships awarded shall be withdrawn.
- In addition, suitable free ship shall be available to high achievers in the field of sports, persons suffering with Thalassaemia Major, sons / daughters of Army Personnel who have been killed in war/ terrorist attack, physically handicapped students etc. on case to case basis.
- Candidates passing out from any of the Manav Rachna Educational Institutions and wards of faculty / staff member of any of the MREI will get one time concession of Rs. 5000/-at the time of admission in any of the programs being offered at Manav Rachna University.
GLOBAL SCHOLARS AWARD
University shall award the semester/branch toppers of a particular Academic Year, at the end of the academic year, after declaration of examination results. Summer internship grades shall not be counted for the same. The details of GSA (Global Scholars Awards) are:
First position in both the semesters of the Academic Year: Fully sponsored exchange programme with a partner university. Visa charges to be borne by student.
First position in any one of the semesters and 2nd/3rd position in other semester of the Academic Year: Course Fee and stay shall be covered by MRU for the exchange programme with a partner university. Travel and visa charges to be borne by student.
Position holder (but not 1st) in both the semesters of the Academic Year: Course Fee shall be covered by MRU for the exchange programme with a partner university. Stay, travel and visa charges to be borne by student.
Position holder (but not 1st) in any one of the semester of the Academic Year: 50% of course fee shall be covered by MRU for the exchange programme with a partner university. Remaining 50% course fee; stay, travel and visa charges to be borne by student.
The following are the guidelines for granting these Scholar Awards:
- In programmes with strength of 90 or more : All three positions (1st, 2ndand 3rd ) shall be considered for the above exchange programme otherwise a solitary 1st position shall be declared.
- If the strength of a course is 10 or less no there shall be no award for the program.
- For a program of duration of ‘n’ semesters the award shall be granted for n-2 semesters.
MOTIVATION AND REWARDS
MRU aims to make a difference in the accomplishments and success of its students. Through Awards & Medals to the deserving students, Manav Rachna provides an opportunity to be the catalyst that sets our students on an upward path. By motivating, rewarding and honoring them, we encourage students to set high goals and meet the challenges with stretched limits. Teach them the value of persistence. And perhaps, inspire a lifelong passion for learning.
Awards & Medals:
- President Medal:- This medal will honor a student who has evidenced significant achievement at International level in the following areas:
- Research 2. Sports 3. Creative arts 4. Community involvement 5. Professional
- ii) Vice President Medal: – This medal will honor a student who has evidenced
Significant achievement at National level in the following areas:
- Research 2. Sports 3. Creative Arts 4. Community involvement 5. Professional
- Patron Medal: – Awarded to a female student who best exemplifies the attributes of engaged leadership; inexhaustible optimistic aptitude about challenges and opportunities, integrity, courage and honesty.
- Vice Chancellor Medal:- This medal will honor a student who has successfully passed out and has the best academic record (highest CGPA) in the University examinations across all UG Programmes offered by the University.
- Academic Proficiency Medal:- Awarded to highest scorer student who has successfully completed the program. This is applicable for each program.
- Student Leadership Medal(s):- Awarded to student(s) who has / have evidenced ability to motivate other students and has/have successfully lead terms for specific organizational goals.
- Outstanding Achievers Awards in the Area of:
- Creative Arts
- Best Internship/Placement.
- Law student of the year Medal –Ratan Lal Lahoti Memorial Gold shall be awarded to a Law Student of the year, for his/her overall performance in last five years.
STUDENT STAFF & ALUMNI WELFARE FUND (SSAWF)
- The young and the budding talent in MREI should not go a begging for want of resources in the field of technical education, research in physical science, social science & any other topic of topical interest emerging in the environment. To fulfill the ibid vision, the MRVF has taken a conscious decision to muster financial resources in the name & style of STUDENT STAFF AND ALUMNI WELFARE FUND (SSAWF).
- The SSAWF resources would be utilized for accomplishing the under mentioned objectives
- Rendering financial assistance to students, staff and alumni for research and higher studies for improving the overall well being of the under privileged and have knots of the society.
- To provide financial assistance/ scholarship to needy students for continuation of their higher studies.
- To render assistance including ex-gratia payment to alumni for higher studies, distress and other contingency.
- To honor MREI students, staff and alumni for their outstanding achievements in studies, profession, sports and entrepreneurship.
- To provide financial and other resources for families of MREI owing to any natural calamity such as earthquakes, floods etc.
- To provide financial support.