The second edition of Manav Rachna Excellence Awards (MREA) 2018 was held at a glittering ceremony graced by Prof. Governor of Haryana Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki, at the campus of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI) today. Manav Rachna Excellence Awards, organized annually were instituted in April 2017 to carry forward the rich legacy of its visionary founder Dr. O P Bhalla who worked ceaselessly to promote quality education.
MREA 2018 were bestowed upon eight leaders for their exceptional and path-breaking vision by the Hon’ble Governor in the presence of Smt. Satya Bhalla, Chief Patron, MREI; Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, MREI; Dr. Amit Bhalla, VP, MREI; Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, MD, MREI; Dr. N C Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS; Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh and veterans from the industry.
The eight stalwarts who were honoured on this prestigious platform are revered figures:
• Sports Icon Award: Hon. Captain Major Vijay Kumar Sharma
• Young Leader Award: Mr. Puneet Dalmia, MD, Dalmia Bharat Cement
• People Builder Award: Mr. Rajeev Dubey, President-HR, Mahindra & Mahindra (received by Mr. A Vishwanathan, VP-Corporate)
• Corporate & Industry Award: Mr. Mukesh Kumar Surana, CMD, HPCL(received by Mr. Sandeep Roy)
• Global Thought Leader Award: Dr. Steven West, Chairman/CEO & VC, UWE, Bristol
Change Maestro Award: Mr. Yudhvir Singh Malik (IAS), Secretary, MORTH (received by Mr. Surjit Singh, Former HUDA administrator)
• Nation Building Award: Mr. Ram Vinay Shahi, Chairman, Energy Infratech
• Lifetime Achievement: Mr. Arun Maira, Former Member, Planning Commission, India
Smt. Satya Bhalla said: “At Manav Rachna, excellence is a continuous journey. Our institutions have been working ceaselessly to actualize the dream of our Founder Visionary Dr. O P Bhalla. It was his dream to give to the nation, well-rounded citizens who are balanced in their approach, yet revolutionary in their ideas.
It is noteworthy that Prof. Governor of Haryana Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki gave away the honours at the first Manav Rachna Excellence Awards 2018. Reminiscing the first edition, Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki informed the audience that the awards are a true reflection of nurturing human capital. He stressed upon the importance of the four key elements of Spirituality, Self-Control, Respect and Compassion in the success of individuals.