NPTEL, a project funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development, provides e-learning through online web and video courses in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Management and Humanities. This is a joint initiative by seven IITs and IIS Bangalore. NPTEL provides course ware in the form of video lectures and web courses.
The enrollment to these courses involves no cost. There is an option to obtain a certification for the enrolled course for which an exam will be conducted (with minimal fee) .
For more information, please click here (www.nptel.ac.in) NPTEL OPEN ONLINE COURSE (NOC) Students
- Enhanced learning- Students can enhance their concepts, attain in-depth under-standing of particular subjects , widen their knowledge base and get introduced to new domains.
- Certification with grades:- Students will get certifications for showcasing suc-cessful completions which will get them appreciation in placement interviews re-search, higher education and research programmes like MS.
- Students can review and assess their own progress through assignments (week after week).
- Discussion Forums:- Students have the opportunity to clear their doubts by par-ticipating in Forums of NPTEL.
- Scholarships are also there for the students with economic need.
Benefits of Certifications:
It will provide many opportunities for:
- Placements:- NPTEL will share certification grades with potential employers in-creasing the visibility of students to industry for direct placements.
- Internship at companies.
- Internship with faculty at IITs/IISc offering the courses.
- Summer internships / Project associate positions at the IIT.
- For more information, please click here (http://nptel.ac.in/noc/) and for checking on available courses, go to https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in.
Official NPTEL SPOC for the university: Manpreet Kaur , Associate Professor, Depart-ment of Computer science and Technology.