MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Faculty Of Engineering & Technology
- Students are prepared for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies through sound foundation in basic Sciences & Mathematics and enable them to appreciate this learning in their chosen field and fulfill their professional and career aspirations.
- Students are assisted and provided opportunity to exhibit strong, independent learning, analytical & problem solving skills, with special emphasis on effective communication and team work
- Students are prepared for life-long learning, research & innovation, to excel in Postgraduate studies and have successful career in Indian companies and MNCs, and to become Entrepreneurs.
- At UG level, industrial training is the part of curricula and special lectures by experts from industry and industrial visits are a regular feature of FET programs.
- Curriculum of all programmes are based on Choice Based Credit System with the Foundation, Core and baskets of Electives (Generic, Discipline and Open) courses.
- SAP Business Process Course of 40 Hours has also been embedded as a part of curriculum for B.Tech
- International collaborations with Lathi University of Applied Sciences, Finland; HIRAM College Ohio, USA, Curtin University, Perth, Australia,National Kaohsiung University of Applied Science (KUAS) Taiwan.
About Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET)
At U.G. level, apart from the normal B.Tech. Programmes, it offers B.Tech. with various specializations in association with leading industries like JBM and SuKam in, Mechanical and Electrical Engg. respectively. At P.G. level, it offers M.Tech programmes in Biotechnology, Computer Engg, Computer Networking, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, Communication System, Power Systems and Electric Drives, Industrial Engg, Structural Engg., Construction Management, Transportation Engg and MSc in Biotechnology, Energy and Environment. It also offers PhD programmes in all relevant areas of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
Highest Salary: INR 15 lacs per annum
MRIU is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
The Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET) has been ranked by India Today among the Top 5 Emerging Engineering Colleges in the country.
As per the factual score in the survey, FET stands at No.3.Manav Rachna students have a legacy of representing the country at Microsoft Imagine Cup International Finals for the last 5 years. MREI team won the national finals of Microsoft Imagine cup 2015 and bagged the prestigious honour of representing India at the world finals of the competition in Seattle, USA. Students from MREI scored big at the Accenture Innovation Jockey 2015 for the second time in a row. Two projects developed by MREI students also won the ‘Popular Ideas’ award. Our students also emerged winners at the ‘Cognitive Computing and Internet of Things’ category and won the Coveted Grand Prize in Accenture Innovation Jockey Competition-2014 powered by Yahoo India.MRIU has also been bestowed with National Excellence Award for ‘Best University for promoting Industry-Academia’ interface byASSOCHAM.
Taking forward the commitment to excellence and a vow to create futuristic global leaders, the Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET) has done collaborations with following foreign universities:
♦ Curtin University, Perth, Australia – B.Tech. – Civil Engg / ECE of FET may seek transfer to Curtin University in 3rd year for which they get transfer of credits earned in MRIU.
♦ Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland – Degree in B Engg.- (Mechatronics) from Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland.
♦ Hiram College Ohio USA – Summer Training Programs for students including high end management skill training, sight-seeing and cultural trips.
♦ National Kaohsiung University of Applied Science (KUAS) Taiwan-A student exchange program where-in the selected students would be provided all expenses paid two years academic and industrial experience to build a skilled manpower to cater to the needs of the electronics and communication industry.
FET’s Industry Connect
Collaborations abound with
a) JBM: JBM has associated with B.Tech Mechanical Engineering – Industry Integrated Programme of MRIU for conducting classroom and lab training in 3rd and 4th year for specialized subjects. The students undergo 24 weeks Industry attachment and pass outs are provided assured placement in JBM Group and associate companies subject to meeting specified academic benchmarks.
b) SUKAM: MRIU has collaborated with Su-Kam Power Systems to run a joint programme in B.Tech Electrical Engineering (with specialization in Power Electronics) with assured placement, establishing a Centre of Excellence of Power Electronics at MRIU campus. Besides, it will provide “in field” exposure to both faculty members and students at the MRU campus in latest developments in the field of solar energy and its applications especially its commercial applications in the area of energy generation, storage and deployment. A centre for smart energy has been set up at MRU in joint collaboration of MRU and Su-Kam.