MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Faculty Of Applied Sciences
FAS Program Highlights
- FAS is well supported by well equipped physiology, Anatomy, Exercise Therapy, Electrotherapy Manual Therapy and Isokinetic labs to provide students ample practice of tests and procedures.
- More than 50 free community service health camps have been organized by Dept. of Physiotherapy under MRIU contributing towards corporate social responsibility.
The Faculty prides itself on creating an environment of substantial academic freedom overlaid by rigorous, self-imposed standards of excellence and socially responsive practices.
- University of Tsukuba, Japan: Every year students of FAS gets an opportunity to attend the Summer training program held at TSI, Japan to enrich their knowledge and actively participate in various Programs being taken up in the university
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland: Dr Deepti Sharma, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Applied Science, MRIU conducted a one week program to teach Yoga Therapeutic techniques in Lahti University f Applied Science, Finland. They also extend learning exchange program for students of MRIU
- Binawan Institute of Health Sciences,Indonesia: They offers a dual degree program in Masters of Physiotherapy.
- University Sains, Malaysia: Every year students of Faculty of Applied Science visit Malaysia to participate in International Physiology quiz.
- Leeds Metropolitan University, UK : Common areas of interest identified in the field of research in Rehabilitation, Nutrition and Health to undertake joint collaborative research projects.
- Teesside University, UK : Students of Manav Rachna International University will be able to undertake M.Sc in Movement Science and MSc in Rehabilitation under this collaboration.
- Gerlev P E & Sports Academy, Denmark: This collaboration concurres to cooperate to organize and participate in joint seminars, workshops and publication activities.
- The FAS has tie-ups with approximately 15 renowned hospitals of Delhi-NCR for clinical training and internship placements like Batra Hospital, VIMHANS, IBS, Asian, Fortis, National Heart, Metro Hospital etc
- The Department of Nutrition at FAS pays special attention to Industry-University Collaboration to leverage student’s placements, Joint R&D Projects with various National and International Organizations. Being a member of the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) and Nutrition Society of India (NSI), all faculty members and students at its Nutrition & Dietetics department play a very active role in their academic and industrial programs.
- The faculty keeps organizing regular workshops for updating knowledge of staffs and students.
- The faculty has state of the art OPD and nutritional counseling facilities with a good patient load.
- FAS focuses on evidence based practice which is carried out in well equipped labs designed for research purposes.
- FAS focuses on complete holistic development of the students as Personality Development Programs and Inter disciplinary learning is incorporated in to the curriculum.
- FAS is keen on providing international exposure to its students in the form of international conferences. The department hosted the 14thCommonwealth Sport Science Conference in 2010 in which 600 people from all over India and 23 countries of the world participated.
- Last year MRIU hosted 7th Asia Pacific Conference on Exercise and Sports Science (APCESS) in October in association with Asian Council of Exercise and Sports Science (ACESS) where approximately 1000 national and international delegates participated.
MRIU is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
Prof. Dr. G L Khanna, Dean, Faculty of Applied sciences, was conferred with Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Awards- 2016 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi for his achievement in the category of Sports Sciences on 28th of November, 2016 which was chaired by Hon’ble Railways Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu.
Dr Divya Sanghi won the International Travelling Awards by International Osteoarthritis Research Society.
Students of Deptt of Physiotherapy have been awarded scholarships every year by Tsukuba University, Japan for their Summer Training Program.