MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADMISSION SEEKERS
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Application for admission shall be submitted online only at the website www.manavrachna.edu.in for which application fee of Rs. 1200/- is payable. Payment can be made through Net Banking / Credit/ Debit card/E wallets at the time of submission of application. Alternatively, candidate may procure the Admission Brochure from Manav Rachna Campus, Administrative Headquarters or City Centers, details of which are available on Manav Rachna website. Admission Brochure contains a Scratch Card consisting of a covered number, which will facilitate submission of application form online. Admission Brochure without Scratch Card may be downloaded from Manav Rachna website free of cost. Once online application for admission is submitted successfully, the system will generate a unique application number which must be noted by the candidates as the same shall act as a Reference Number for all subsequent correspondence till the candidate is actually admitted.
DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Read Instructions for filling up Online Application Form carefully on the opening page after you Click ‘Apply Now’ on the Manav Rachna website Home Page.
- Keep a Digitized Photograph ready on your Computer Desktop for uploading with maximum 80 KB memory, 30mm x 45mm in size in a formal dress against plain background. Avoid photographs in T-Shirts/ Tops/ Flashy Clothing because this photograph will go for your identity card. Also keep ready scanned copy of Secondary (10th), Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination and other qualifying exam, if any.
- Fill-up all fields with the correct information. Do not use all Capital/ Small Letters. Use Sentence case. Mandatory fields are marked with Asterisks, without which application will not be submitted. You will have the liberty to edit certain fields as directed by the format including Address, Mobile Number, and Qualifying Examination Result etc.
- Take out two print-outs of the final version of the online application form which must be brought at the time of physical counseling for admission.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Selection of the candidate is subject to qualifying MRNAT or any other equivalent exam accepted by Manav Rachna and for GD/ PI, wherever indicated.
NOTIFICATION OF SCHEDULE FOR PHYSICAL COUNSELING FOR ADMISSION
- For detailed admission calendar. Click Here
- Candidates are advised to look for notices / alerts by clicking the ‘Admissions’ Tab on Manav Rachna website.
- MRNAT Results and Merit list for various courses/ program shall be available on the University Website. Schedule for Physical Counseling for Admission and other related information will also be made available on the website as and when published.
PHYSICAL COUNSELING FOR ADMISSION
1.It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in person for physical counseling for admission before the Admission Committee. No relaxation of any kind is permissible in this regard.
2.Candidate must bring the following documents in original (to be taken back by the candidate after verification) along with two sets of attested photocopies:
- Secondary School Examination Certificate (10th) – as proof of Date of Birth.
- Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate (10+2).
- Detailed Mark sheets/ Provisional Certificate/ Degree/ Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Result card of the relevant entrance examination.
- Four passport size coloured photographs in formal dress.
- Certificate of proof as candidate of Kashmiri Migrants and Foreign Nationals seeking relaxation in the minimum eligibility criteria.
3. All other documents must be submitted during orientation after start of classes or within 03 (three) days from the date of admission, whichever is later.
4. On the day of physical counseling, candidates shall report on the Registration Desk, arrange documents in the specified sequence in the file cover given on the spot, appear before the Document Verification Committee for verification of documents and move to the Admission Committee, if found eligible.
5. Admission committee shall allot the seats to the Candidates in order of merit subject to its availability and the candidates shall be required to deposit fee on the spot either through Demand Draft, Credit / Debit Card or in Cash. Cheques shall not be accepted. Additional convenience charges are payable as per rules in case of payment is made through Credit / Debit Card.
6. The seat shall be deemed to be allotted only on deposition of fee. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot, the right to admission shall be forfeited and the seat shall be offered to the candidate next in the merit list.
7. If a candidate reports late for admission on the designated day and time, he / she will be offered the seat available at the time of his appearance before the Admission Committee.
8. All Candidates are advised to report on the day of physical counseling in a formal and presentable dress as a fresh photograph may be required to be clicked on the spot.
9. As per guidelines of Regulatory Bodies, original certificates are not retained in University and the same are returned to the candidates on the spot after verification.
PREPARATION OF MERIT LIST
The Merit Lists for each program shall be prepared as per the criteria given in the Admission Brochure.
- For B.Tech Program, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks scored in MRNAT 2017 examination as first preference and merit in Uni-GAUGE 2017 as second preference on the basis marks scored in JEE-Main 2017 examination as third preference. Candidates are advised to supply the respective score in the application form as soon as the results are declared by the respective examination bodies. Those students who fail to supply any of these results shall go down in the merit list in the absence of respective weightage.
- For Admission in all other UG Programs (other than B.Arch), all students are required to appear for Group Discussions and Personal Interview (GD & PI), which is an independent screening test. Although admission in all UG programs shall be based on the merit of respective MRNAT 2017 as first preference and percentage of marks scored in qualifying examination as second preference in case of seats remaining vacant. Those who fail to make a mark in GD/PI may be denied admission.
- The ranks in the respective Merit List shall be available on the Website against Application Sequence Number generated by the system at the time of submission of online application.
- For UG Programs, admission shall be made only if the Candidate has been declared pass in the qualifying examination clearly and meets the minimum required condition of marks as per eligibility criteria notified in the admission brochure for admission to that programme on the day of admission. Candidates having compartment shall not be admitted in any of the UG Program till their result for the supplementary examination has been declared within the final cut off date of admission.
- For PG Programs, candidates may be admitted provisionally subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria on or before 31.10.2017. For the purpose of preparation of Merit List, the marks scored upto pre final year of the qualifying examination shall be considered for those whose result has not been declared for the final year / semester. Student having compartments in any of the previous years shall not get credit for the subjects which they have not passed at the time of admission.
- Admission Committee shall exercise fair discretion to see that based upon the academic performance in exam result which is available at the time of admission, whether the candidate is likely to meet the eligibility criteria. However it will be sole responsibility of the candidate to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for admission by the cutoff date mentioned above and no relaxation in minimum eligibility criteria shall be granted.
- For the purpose of determining minimum eligibility criteria, percentage of marks more than 0.50 and above shall be rounded off to 1.
- There is no relaxation in Minimum eligibility criteria for admission to any program. Also, there is no reservation of any kind except for NRIs for whom 15% of the total seats in all programs are reserved.
- Two seats are reserved in all programs under supernumerary Quota for Kashmiri Migrants students of Jammu and Kashmir as per directions of UGC. A relaxation of 10% in minimum eligibility criteria shall be given. Domicile requirement may be waived off. Intake capacity of various programmes may be increased by 5 %, if so required.
MANAV RACHNA NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST (MRNAT 2017)
MRNAT 2017 (Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test) shall be conducted by the University across various disciplines. University has deployed technology developed by India’s leading assessment agency to ensure fair and transparent conduct of online test. The candidates shall be allotted a designated computer system in the examination centre and shall be required to login using Application Sequence Number and Password as conveyed to the applicant or in the exam hall prior to the examination through email. It is therefore advised not to share Email IDs and Password with others to avoid complications. The questions shall appear on the monitor and the candidates shall submit answers by using mouse only. The computer system is connected to a Central Server which delivers the test in real time without web connectivity. All other functions are disabled in the machine and there is no Human involvement in the test. No formal computer knowledge is required to appear for the test. Other details and sample questions are also available on the MRNAT Tab of University website. The candidate will be intimated about the place, date and time of the Test, through email and SMS well in time. For all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at Manav Rachna Campus & other locations as given on the website.
For MRNAT dates please refer to Admission Calendar 2017 – 2018.
UniGAUGE E 2017
‘UniGAUGE E’ alludes to uni (one), uniform (consistent), unique (unparalleled), universal (concerning all) and university (institution of learning).
‘Gauge’ – is an estimate of assessment; measure. ‘GAUGE’ is also an acronym for Graduate and Under-Graduate Entrance.
‘UniGAUGE E’ is a pan-India, computer-aided assessment platform.
It enables students to take ‘one entrance exam’ and seek ‘admission’ to many universities across India. It stands for trust, transparency and reliability in assessment.
‘UniGAUGE E’ has commenced entrance exams for post-graduate and undergraduate courses in medical, dental, engineering and technology. Going forward, the ‘UniGAUGE E’ platform will be extended for admission to many more courses.
About UniGAUGE E 2017 Examination
ERA Foundation is conducting UniGAUGE E 2017 for students seeking admission to Engineering, Medical and Dental at undergraduate level. Scores obtained by students in the UniGAUGE E 2017 examination is one of the eligibility criteria for admission to B.E/B.Tech, MBBS and BDS courses in Participating Member Universities.
|13th February 2017||MONDAY||Start date for registration and issue of online Application for Uni-GAUGE E / COMEDK UGET 2017|
|20th February 2017||MONDAY||Mock test made available online.|
|20th APRIL 2017||THURSDAY||Last date for online payments and Last date for Submission of completed application online|
|5th MAY 2017||FRIDAY||Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website|
|13th MAY 2017||SATURDAY||Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket(TAT)|
|14th MAY 2017||SUNDAY||Uni-GAUGE E 2017 Engineering Entrance Exam 2017|
|18th MAY 2017||THURSDAY||Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys|
|22nd MAY 2017||MONDAY||Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys|
|26th MAY 2017||FRIDAY||Publishing of Final Answer keys|
|29th MAY 2017||MONDAY||Test Score cards made available online to the candidates|
ASSISTANCE/FACILITIES TO CANDIDATES
In order to provide timely information to the candidates about their applications, or the entrance test, or the results thereof, ERA has made the following arrangements:
The ERA helpline Toll free number is 1-800-103-4791. The ERA Office is operational from10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday. The ERA office is not operational on Sunday and other public holidays.
Candidates can send their queries through E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Schedule of Payment of Fees at the time of admission / first year:
a) First Installment: At the time of admission
b) Second Installment: On or before 14th November 2017
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT OF FEES IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS
a) First Installment: On or before 30th April of the calendar year.
b) Second Installment: On or before 14th November of the calendar year.
LATE FEE PAYMENT
Those students who fail to deposit fee by the due date shall be levied a fine of Rs. 100/- per day including Sunday / Holidays up to 15 days. The name of the those students, who fail to deposit the fee with requisite fine within 15 days from the due date as mentioned above, shall be struck off from the rolls of the University immediately thereafter. However, such students may be re-admitted with the approval from Dean of the Faculty concerned after they deposit Rs. 2000/- as re-admission charges along with the fees and fine Rs. 1500/-. The period during which the name of the student remains struck off will not be treated as inactive period for the purpose of calculation of attendance requirement.
PROCEDURE FOR CHANGE OF PROGRAM
Consequent to Admission, if any student is desirous of seeking admission to any other program being run in the university, he/she will have to put in an application to the respective Dean of the Faculty. Thereafter, the case will be processed on file and case referred to Dean of the faculty in which Admission is sought, who may concur or otherwise. If concurred by the Dean of the Faculty to which the admission is sought, the file will be forwarded to Director Admissions for getting the program changed. In all such cases a processing charge of Rs. 3000/- will apply.
It is the responsibility of the applicant that the form is complete in all respects before the last date of submission.
In case the applicant has applied prior to declaration of results of qualifying examinations or any examination to be considered for drawing up the merit list of the programme applied for, it is his/her responsibility to ensure that result of the examination is uploaded/included in the application form within 3 days of declaration of such result.
The student would be liable for necessary action as deemed fit by the MRIU for any wrong information filled in the application form. If a candidate is admitted on the basis of information submitted by him/ her, which is found to be incorrect or false on a later date, his/ her admission shall be cancelled and all fees and other dues paid by him/her shall be forfeited. The University may also take further action as deemed fit against such candidate and / or his/ her parents / guardians as considered suitable.
Manav Rachna International University presently follows the reservation policy as under: NRI/ Foreign National / PIO seats: 15% in all programmes/ courses. General Seats: 85%.
Mere inclusion of the name of a candidate in the merit list would not ensure his / her admission. Candidate would be required to prove his / her eligibility for admission by providing original and genuine documents in physical counseling in support of the claims made.
All fees are payable through Demand Draft in the name of ‘Manav Rachna International University‘ payable at Faridabad/ Delhi. Students may please ensure that fees are only paid to the Accounts Department, and a receipt obtained on the spot.
The admission made by MRIU shall be provisional, till the same is confirmed by the Registration Branch of the University.
If the University Authorities are not satisfied with the character, past behavior and antecedents of a candidate, they may refuse to admit him/her in the University. In order to ensure academic standards, discipline and congenial atmosphere in the University, the Vice-Chancellor of the University/ Dean of the concerned Faculty may cancel the admission of any student who is found to be involved in activities which are prejudicial to maintaining harmony on the campus. The University has a streamlined method of redressal of grievances. The Grievances Redressal Committee addresses all kinds of grievances including those pertaining to admissions, examinations, conduct on the campus etc. on top priority.
The University has a Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee to deal with all Sexual Harassment related issues, which are handled on utmost priority. The candidates who are admitted in the University would be required to follow all rules and regulations in letter and spirit, conduct themselves in an orderly manner and maintain the best decorum, failing which suitable penal action would be taken against them. Canvassing in any form for influencing the admission by any candidate and/ or his/ her parents/ guardians would result in his/ her summary rejection for admission. The admission procedure is subject to modification, without notice, as per directions of UGC or any competent authority. The final cut off date for admission to all the courses is 30 September 2017. Admission Calendar is only indicative and subject to change by the competent authority.
All applicants are instructed to follow the MRIU website on a regular basis for date of counseling and other details related to the admission process.
The contents of the Admission Procedure are subject to change without prior notice. All disputes pertaining to admission under the domain of Admission Brochure are subject to the jurisdiction of Courts at Faridabad only.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MRIU (NRI / PIO/ FOREIGN )
ADMISSION AND APPLICATION
Foreign National Student admissions are open throughout the year. However, Last date for admission for the program run in collaboration with foreign academic partners is 30th September 2017.The admission form can be downloaded from our website.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
1 . Please send the following by email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Attached application form duly completed with photo duly signed. A scanned copy to be sent.
b. Scanned copy of your Passport.
c. Scanned copy of your Academic transcript.
The above documents should be attested by the Indian Embassy in your country OR your Embassy in India.
2 . After we receive all above, you are registered for admission to the desired program subject to confirmation of your eligibility as per the documents you have provided.
3 . Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you will be required to deposit:
a) Application fee of US$250/- by Bank Transfer to University Bank account quoting your name and passport number.
b) On receipt of US$250/-, we will send you the Eligibility Confirmation Letter asking you to deposit US$1000/- for Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) for you to apply for VISA.
c) On receiving Visa,you can travel to India and pay the balance of fees.
4 . Respective faculty will check all your documents in original and confirm your admission. You will be issued a Bonafide Certificate on the basis of your proof of residence in India and proof of residence in your home country.
5 . The student will have to thereafter go in for FRRO Registration.
6 . Out of the fee payable to MRIU, NZ$ 933/- for Bachelor of Science-Information Technology and NZ$ 833/- for BBA (Global) International Business has to be remitted to AIS St. Helens, New Zealand. For B.Sc. Interior Design, CA$ 733/- has to be remitted to Algonquin College, Canada.
MRIU – BANK PAYMENT DETAILS
Name & Address of the Bank: PNB, Railway Road, Old Faridabad Branch, Faridabad
Account Name: MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Account Type: CURRENT ACCOUNT
Account No: 3179002100107432
IFSC Code: PUNB0317900