MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Pro Vice Chancellor
Manav Rachna International University
Designation: Pro Vice Chancellor, Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad
Qualification: B.Sc Engg, M.Sc. Engg, Ph.D
1) Worked as a Director at CITM Faridabad from 6th September 2006 to 1st July 2009
2) Worked as a Professor & Dean at NIT, Kurukshetra from 11th Aug 2005 to 5th Sept 2006.
3) Worked as a Director-Principal at CR State College of Engg, Murthal & Dean, Faculty of Engg & Tech, MDU University, Rohtak, from 16th June 2004 to 10th August 2005.
4) Worked as a professor at NIT, Kurukshetra from 15th April 2004 to 15th June 2004.
5) Worked as a Professor & Chairman of Electrical Engg Department at NIT Kurukshetra from April 2001 to April 2004
6) Worked as a Professor at NIT Kurukshetra from 12th October 1994 to March 2001.
Achievements and Awards:
1. BEST PAPER AWARD by System Society of India in National System Conference NSC-88 at PSG College, Coimbatore, Dec. 1988.
2. Deep Appreciation letter for making the Convocation successful, letter issued by Principal, REC Kurukshetra on 2-5-1994.
3. Developed Centre of Computing & Networking worth Rs. 1.38 crore from MHRD at REC Kurukshetra in 1996-97.It involves fiber optical networking connecting all academic blocks with 216 nodes along with Internet facility.
4. Chaired and Supervised the Technical Session in International Conference IGST International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Automation System “ ARS 06, 13-15 June 2006 Sharm-Elsheikh, Egypt.
5. Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, MD University, Rohtak from 16th June, 2004 to August, 2005
6. Director-Principal of CR-State College of Engg. Murthal, Sonipat from 16 June 2004 to 10 August 2005.
7. Certificate of appreciation by Lions Club, International District 321-A1 in recognizing distinguished services, Loyalty & Devotion to the society and humanity 2006-07.
8. Attended and presented Research Paper in International conference on “Engineering & Computer Applications in Industry” at University of California, Berekley, Sanfrancisco , USA from 24th to 26th October, 2007 (Best Paper Category)
9. Attended and presented Research Paper in IASTED International Conference on Wireless & Optical Communication, Quebec, Canada, May 28th -June 2nd , 2008.
10. Chaired open house session on academic reforms in Engg & Tech. UIET, M D University, and Rohtak on 27th Feb 2009.
11. Certificate for Exemplary Contribution towards education by Career Launcher September 2008.
12. Invited “Guest of Honour” for short term course on Concepts and Research issues in Mechanical Engineering at Deenbandhu chottu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal (Sonepat) 20-24 January’ 09.
13. Designed and Coordinated curricula for B Tech and M Tech Courses for NIT Kurukshetr, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and MDU Rohtak.
14. Designed and Coordinated new curricula for B. Tech & M. Tech for Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad 2009.
15. Appreciation for my valuable contribution in furtherance of Academic excellence as Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Manav Rachna International University, my personal efforts in the matter of administration, academic activities, admissions and maintenance of discipline. My leadership and ability to handle sensitive issues are appreciated.
16. Appreciation for organizing 5 Nos. Blood Banks in association with Lions club and Rotary Club of Faridabad, 28th Oct 2009.
17. Invited chief guest for the “ National Conference on e-governance (NCICTG-2010), Nov 19-12, 2010 at Laxmi Devi Institute of Engg & Tech ( LIET) Alwar and delivered key note address on “ Advance in e-Governance “ at LIET Alwar on Nov 19, 2010.
18. Appointed as independent Director (Engg) in the Board of Directors. National project construction corporation (Govt of India) by president of India for three years i.e. 2010-2013.
19. Invited as Honoured Guest in International Conference on “Soft Computing for Problem Solving “organized by the Institution of Engineers (INDIA) Roorkee local centre and IIT Roorkee on Dec.20-22, 2011.
20. Invited as Honoured Guest and Chaired the session in the International Conference on “Soft Computing for problem Solvy” organized by J.K.Lakshmi Pati University, Jaipur on Dec.28-30, 2012.
21. Chairperson of NBA (National Board of Accredition) Committee for accredition of Paavi Engineering College, Namakan (TN) from 28th March-31st March, 2013.
22. Chaired the session in the 3rd International Conference on “ Soft Computing for problem Solving” on Dec.26,2013, Extension Centre of IIT Roorkee, at Greater Noida, 20. Knowledge Park II, Greater Noida.
23. General Chair of the “ International Conference on Reliability, Optimization & Information Technology” on 06-08 Feb,2014, Technically Sponsored by IEEE,Delhi Section,at MRIU,Faridabad.
24. Invited as key panelist-ASQ Conclave on ‘Zero Defect Zero Effect’- Nov 18, 2014 at ITM University, Gurgaon.
25. Invited for delivering expert talk on “Big Data” on “ International Conference on Operational Research” in Conjunction with 47th Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI) on 1-3 December,2014, Department of Statistics (UGC-SAP-DRS-I & DST-FIST) Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati
26. Invited as a Guest of Honor in the National Conference on “Recent Trends and Developments in Statistics NCRTDS 2015 February 21-23,2015 organized by Department of Statistics, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana.
27. Invited for delivering expert talk on “Bg Data Analytics” in the National Conference on “Recent Trends and Developments in Statistics NCRTDS 2015 February 21-23,2015 organized by Department of Statistics, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana.
28. Invited for delivering expert talk on “Big Data Analytics” in Workshop on `Data Analytics’ on 28th February,2015, organized by Operation & Research Department, Delhi University, Delhi.
29 Presented research paper “An optimized Genetic Stowed Biometric Approach to Potent QOS in MANET and Chaired the session of “ Soft Computing and Software Engineering” held on March 5-6,2015 at University of California Berkeley, Sutardja Dai Hall, California, USA.
30. Invited for delivering expert talk on “New Data Analysis” in 4th Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence , April 11-12,2015, Ahmedabad, India.
31. Member of Planning Board of Madhya Pradesh, Bhoj(Open) University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh vide letter no: 899/ RAS/UA-6/2015, dated: 3rd August, 2015.
32. Chaired a session at Institute of Engineers conference on Safety Measures in Industry on 21.8.15.
33. Chaired a session at the International Conference, 12th IEEE INDICON 2015 during 17th- 20th December 2015 at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India.
34. Invited as a Guest of Honor in International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Infocom Technology & Business Operations (ICQRITBO’2015) (Trends & Future Directions) December 28-30, 2015 at Conference Centre, University of Delhi.
35. Invited for delivering expert talk on Big Data Analytics in International Conference on Quality,Reliability, Infocom Technology & Business Operations (ICQRITBO’2015)(Trends & Future Directions) December 28-30, 2015 at Conference Centre, University of Delhi.
36. Invited for a special session on QCI-DL Shah Quality Awards on 27th January 2016 at Hotel Park Plaza, Sector-21 C, Faridabad.
37. Quality Circle Forum of India (Delhi chapter) honoured and acknowledged Dr M K soni, ED & dean, FET for invaluable contribution in providing quality concepts on 5th March 2016 at MRIU.
38. Chief Guest in ACM ABES Chapter International Workshop on “Amateur Radio Communications & Computing_in Educational Environments” under the banner of ABES AGM student & ACM-W chapter. The workshop was scheduled on 14th& 15th September 2016. The workshop was technically sponsored by ACM.The workshop was organized by the ACM lndia student Chapter of ABES Institute, Ghaziabad.
39. Invited as Guest of honor for 49th Engineers Day by The Institution of Engineers on Skill development for young Engineers to reform the core sector:Vision 2025, Faridabad Local Centre on 15th Sept 2016.
40. As a recognition of our hard work & continued partnership with the HVAC Corporate Sector, Indian Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Airconditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) had conferred Dr M.K.Soni, Executive Director & Dean (FET) was honoured with certificate of appreciation and honour of Life Corporate Membership of ISHRAE on 1st April, 2017.
41. Member of Board of Directors of University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
Dr. M.K.Soni has been working as Professor in ECE, Dean Faculty of Engineering & Technology & Executive Director in Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad since 2006. Before joining MRIU he was working as Director-Principal at CR-State college of Engineering, Murthal, worked as Prof and Dean at National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and as Dean of Engineering and Technology at MDU Rohtak. Prof Soni did his PhD from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra university, Kurukshetra in collaboration with IIT Delhi on Microprocessor and Control Systems. He has developed Centre of Computing & Networking worth Rs.1.38 crore (project of MHRD) at REC Kurukshetra in 1996-97. Dr.Soni has guided many (70) M.Tech projects, Dissertations and about (18) PhDs. He has published more than 156 research papers in various National and International journals and conferences. He is a member of technical and management committees in many universities and institutes.
Dr. Soni has accredited more than 25 institutes throughout the country and also Chairperson of NBA committees. He has delivered expert lecturers in many Universities. He was honored with BEST PAPER AWARD by System Society of India in National System Conference NSC-88 at PSG College, Coimbatore, Dec 1988. He is Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Sr. member IEEE, Life member of ISTE, SSI, member of Quality council of India, Computer Society of India, ISHRAE etc.
Dr. Soni was appointed as Independent Director (Engg) in the Board of Directors, National projects construction corporation (Govt of India) by president of India for three years i.e.2010-2013. He has attended various conferences at Egypt, Canada,USA etc. He also Chaired and Supervised the Technical Session in many International Conference Sharm-Elsheikh, Egypt , University of California USA and many other universities in India.