MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
About – Department of English
Area of Interest: Language Teaching, Linguistics, Communication skills, soft skills, phonetics grammar
Research Publications: 18 Research Publications, Manuscripts 10
Books Published: 03
The Department was established in the year 2013 and offered the degree of B. A. Honours. It became a part of the Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities in 2015. At present, more than 90 students are pursuing their undergraduate course. The Department has research scholars with specialization in major areas of literary studies like Postcolonial Literature, Translation Studies, Feminism etc. The main strength of the department is the well qualified, dedicated and competent faculty members who take initiatives and get fully involved with the students in their activities. Our commitment to the quality of education that we offer is reflected in our determination to maintain a relatively low student/teacher ratio and to give our students the benefit of direct contact with scholars in the field. The department organises extra-curricular activities, in addition to lectures and interactive sessions with eminent national and international scholars and writers. The department has been able to nurture the talents of the students. We are also coming out with the maiden issue of Literary Compendium which shall showcase the varied creativity of our students.
The aim of the department is to:
- To impart proficiency in major European languages to students, teachers and wider community for living and working successfully in multicultural and multilingual settings.
- To conduct high quality research in English literature and English language teaching.
- demonstrate critical thinking, especially to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and texts; conduct and understand the process of research through identifying, analyzing, synthesizing, and documenting credible source material;
- understand and describe the role of literature in the development of cultures
To provide education and training of excellent quality both at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, the department utilizes its resource of Language Lab. The prime objective of the lab is to facilitate efficient teacher-student interaction, correct phonetic accents and to develop their effective communication skill in the present world. Students can utilize the Language Lab’s pronunciation more quickly and easily than before. A growing collection of audio, video, and printed materials is available for use, too, complemented by institutional-grade audio-visual equipment.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – (3 Year)
- Master of Arts (M.A) (2 Year)
- Doctor of Philosophy (P.hD)