Both as a part of regulatory requirement and as a part of best practices, each academic unit of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell to drive quality processes. The Cells have been established as per norms of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission) to take quality initiatives for improving academic and administrative performance of the institutions. The members of the Cell are drawn from various stakeholder groups including senior faculty, University administration, Industry representatives, alumni and students include senior faculty, and industry representatives, civil society members and student representatives. Meetings of IQAC are chaired by the respective Vice-Chancellor and the decisions are executed by the Director IQAC. The Cell works in close coordination with Manav Rachna Academic Staff College, the apex MR entity for faculty and staff development.
Some of the major purposes of IQAC include development and application of quality parameters and organization of activities relating to enhancement of educational quality. The cells are engaged in evolving mechanisms for timely, efficient and progressive performance of the various academic and administrative units of the universities. These cells also undertake periodic academic review of the various departments in which specific measures for quality are suggested and implemented. The Cells play a key role in promoting quality culture in respective universities. The cell conduct faculty and staff development programmes, workshops and expert lectures from time to time to generate quality awareness among faculty and students for enhancing quality of education and student support services.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Realistic assessment of quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of Society
- Optimization and integrations of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Enhancing the creditability of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Besides playing its sentinel role for quality control, IQAC has ushered in ambience wherein every stakeholder places a high premium on quality as the objective function and value addition which accrues.
Various processes like curriculum design and development, obtaining feedback from various stakeholders like students, parents, teachers, industry experts, recruiters and other peer groups were designed, sharpened and optimized. These initiatives have paid rich dividends as corroborated by an overall enhancement in various processes including accreditation of B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering,B.Tech.Electronics & Communication Engineering and B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering programmes by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). MRU employs the vehicle of IQAC for an inexorable continuous quality improvement.
Some of the major activities and events organized by the IQACs are given in succeeding paragraphs.
Lectures on quality by Professor Manu Vora from North-West University, Illinois, USA on:
– Educational Excellence at MREI through Baldrige Performance Model
– Risk Management for Organisational Excellence
STAFF/FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- Managing data Using MS-Excel held on Jan 18, 2014,
- Case Method of Teaching held on May 3, 2014,
- Promoting Quality in Teaching and Research, organized on September 13, 2014,
- Enhancing Academic Delivery through Softer Aspects of Teaching Learning Process held on October 18, 2014,
- Gender Sensitization and Counseling Techniques held on Nov 15, 2014.
- Eight-Day Faculty Development Programme for Higher Education Institutions of Manav Rachna Group on Promoting Quality of
- Academic Environment through Soft Skills held on December 15-19 and December 22-24, 2014.
- Administrative Systems of India held on Feb 14, 2015.
- Holistic Wellness for Faculty and Academic Productivity held on March 14, 2015
- Big Data Analytics Using Statistics held on March 21, 2015.
- Cyber Security held on May 2, 2015.
- Writing High-Impact Research Papers and Proposals held on May 16, 2015.
- Improving Quality of Administration and Student Support Services on Feb 28, 2015.
- Data Analysis and Managerial Statistics Using MS Excel, held on May 30, 2015.
- E-Commerce Platform Using JAVA held on June 6, 2015.
- Predictive Modelling Using Regression Analysis held on October 3, 2015.
- Multivariate Analysis held during October 16-17, 2015.
- Quality Assurance in Higher Education: Emerging Trends and Approaches held on 16 Jan2016.
- Enhancing Quality of University Research, held on September 16, 2016
- Quality Workshop for Engineering Faculty held on Sep.27, 2014.
- Workshop on Quality Management System held on September 6, 2014.
Details of Workshops & Lectures held at MRU during 2015-16.
- Training Need Analysis held on 20th March – 8th May, 2015
- Faculty Development Program on Solar Radiations: Green options for energy (Sponsored by AICTE ) held on 11-23 May 2015
- Faculty Induction Program held on 2-3 July 2015
- Orientation Program on Accessing Digital Library 24×7, held on 22-December 2016.
- Workshop on Research Methodology held on 14-16 December 2015
- Workshop on SPSS held on 11-12 January 2016
- PhD Orientation Program held on 16-Jan-2016
- Ethics and Values at Work Place held on 2-April 2016.
- Lecture Series on “Experiential Learning with Web Support” held on 18April-20 May 2016
- Expert Lecture on “Qualitative Changes Envisaged Ahead” held on 9th March 2016.
- Expert Lecture on “Examination System” held on 16th April 2016.
- Workshop on Leading Stress Free Life held on 28th July 2016