Both as a part of regulatory requirement and as a part of best practices, each academic unit of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell to drive quality processes. The Cells have been established as per norms of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission) to take quality initiatives for improving academic and administrative performance of the institutions. The members of the Cell are drawn from various stakeholder groups including senior faculty, University administration, Industry representatives, alumni and students include senior faculty, and industry representatives, civil society members and student representatives. Meetings of IQAC are chaired by the respective ViceChancellor and the decisions are executed by the Director IQAC. The Cell works in close coordination with Manav Rachna Academic Staff College, the apex MR entity for faculty and staff development.
Some of the major purposes of IQAC include development and application of quality parameters and organization of activities relating to enhancement of educational quality. The cells are engaged in evolving mechanisms for timely, efficient and progressive performance of the various academic and administrative units of the universities. These cells also undertake periodic academic review of the various departments in which specific measures for quality are suggested and implemented. The Cells play a key role in promoting quality culture in respective universities. The cell conduct faculty and staff development programmes, workshops and expert lectures from time to time to generate quality awareness among faculty and students for enhancing quality of education and student support services.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Realistic assessment of quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of Society
- Optimization and integrations of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Enhancing the creditability of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Besides playing its sentinel role for quality control, IQAC has ushered in ambience wherein every stakeholder places a high premium on quality as the objective function and value addition which accrues.
Under the aegis of Quality Cell various processes like curriculum design and development, obtaining feedback from various stakeholders like students, parents, teachers, industry experts, recruiters and other peer groups were designed, sharpened and optimized. These initiatives have paid rich dividends as corroborated by an overall enhancement in various processes including accreditation of B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering, B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering and B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering programmes by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). MREI employs the vehicle of IQAC for an inexorable continuous quality improvement.