DEDICATED INFORMATION SYSTEMS SUPPORT
Manav Rachna has a dedicated Information and Communication Technology (ICT) cell which deals with IT and Communication provisioning at MREI campus. The computers labs are mainly equipped with high end computer systems. Further, with a view to ensure that any malfunctioning of the computers does not affect the teaching – learning process, an in-house Technical Repair Cell exists to keep the downtime minimum. This contributes to optimal teaching learning process, besides ensuring a high availability and very high satisfaction level for the students.
Besides conventionally wired network, the campus is Wi-Fi enabled and equipped with latest computing facilities in accordance with established norms. All computers are connected to the internet through a 155 Mbps ILL backbone supplemented by a 45 mbps standby ILL to enable state of the art IT enabled services.
A complete lifecycle of e-services is available to students viz internet on all computers, digital library, availability of course descriptions and course material on the intranet, e-journals, e-feedback facility, e-newsletter etc.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM
All Classrooms are well equipped as digital class rooms too. The Faculty members are specially trained to use AV enabled teaching methods for easy grasping and learning for the students. Modules are aligned with the curriculum in an interactive way thus inducing the students and faculty in learning through digital media. All Faculty members are equipped with Desktops / Laptops to keep abreast with the latest knowledge and technology and to ensure constant up gradation of teaching notes and lectures
ERP AT MANAV RACHNA- A JOURNEY FROM SCRATCH
An integrated management information system is essential for any organization with large amount of data, multiple processes and varied requirements. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications are the answer to such requirements. ERP covers the techniques and concepts employed for the integrated management of business as a whole, from the viewpoint of the effective use of management resources, to improve the efficiency of an enterprise. ERP software packages are integrated covering all enterprise business functions.
In this context, Manav Rachna has entrusted India’s leading Software Giant, Tata Consultancy Services to design and develop the TCSiON ERP for Manav Rachna. The same has been in use for over five years. The key modules include:
- The admission process right from filling up of E-form, conduct of entrance test, drawing up of merit and subsequent admission is seamlessly integrated. This eliminates any loose ends and also makes the process trustworthy and robust.
- Campus Management System comprising of Applicant Database, Student database, Timetable Module, Attendance Module, Exam & Grading Module, Human Resource Management System(HRMS), Employee Information, Leave Management, Performance Appraisal, Student Fee Management, Account Payable, Balance sheet, Self Service Portals for students & employees
- Learning Exchange: This module is a single sign on portal enabling the authenticated user to experience a social networking like interaction with fellow students, Faculty member and management representatives. This portal also acts a medium of Learning Management System (LMS) for the student, participate in online quizzes, debates, and much more. Student can interact with fellow students, their mentors, faculty members and staff. The fundamental difference of this module with the other similar public domain products is the users are authenticated by the administrator and must be a part of the MR family.
In addition to the above, specialized OPD clinic application is in vogue for Manav Rachna Dental College as well as Finance and Accounts.
- Manav Rachna Education Institutions have a fleet of luxury A/C buses to provide transport to the students for Delhi – NCR covering various locations of Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon. It has also fleet of Non-AC Delux buses for the Faridabad, Ballabgarh and Palwal students. MREI buses are equipped with all safety devices like Fire Extinguisher, First-aid Kit etc. These are also equipped with GPS to track the bus location, route, speed etc. and speed governor to restrict the speed of the buses (as per the guidelines of the Supreme Court). Buses of MREI board and de-board the students inside the campus premises only at the scheduled time at arrival and departure.
- As a facility to M.R. campus students, MREI provides free Shuttle Service to and from Manav Rachna Badkhal Metro Station in the morning and afternoon.
- During end semester exam days, apart from regular routes, MREI provides shuttle service for Tughlakabad Metro Station, Delhi, Mathura Road (Badhkhal Chowk) Faridabad and Pali Chowk from the campus.
- Seat numbers are allotted to all transport users on the basis of first come first serve. Transport Fee is collected one time in advance for the whole academic session at the time of availing transport facility. Transport ID Cards are given to the users for academic session every year. MRE provides free transport facility for the Off campus hostlers. The complete transport information such as routs, fee structure, transport refund policy, guidelines etc. is also available at the website of MREI.
HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
A wide range of health and welfare services are available at MREI campus. It has a well equipped dispensary for first aid and minor medical services, with a qualified Doctor and nursing staff to take care of the medical emergencies. MREI also has two well equipped ambulances to cater to any exigencies thus ensuring highest medical safety. Besides having the First-Aid room in the campus and a separate sick bay for boys and girls, there is a state-of-the-art, Dental and Physiotherapy OPD. Medical Consultant also is available during the specified hours on all working days.
MREI has tie-ups with renowned hospitals in Faridabad like Asian Hospital, Metro Hospital and Sarvodaya Hospital. These hospitals provide OPD and other medical service to Manav Rachna staff and their families/dependants, at discounted rates.
MREI provides both on-campus and off-campus hostel accommodation for boys and girls with single, double and triple rooms. The hostel rooms are well furnished with essential modern facilities like TV, PCs, Wi-fi, Telephone, RO Drinking water, newspapers as well as games like Table Tennis etc. It has a well managed and hygienic mess, where nutritional needs and taste of students are taken care of. An ergonomically and aesthetically designed hostel basically meant for International students, is available with all state-of-the-art facilities. There are many categories of rooms in hostels–Air Conditioned, Non Air Conditioned, single seater, two seater, three seater and five seater rooms with attached/common bathrooms. Hostel fee is charged according to the room category chosen by the student, through DD or by cash. Medical facilities, medical insurance, library facilities and laundry facilities are also provided within the hostel fee charges.
BANK LOAN ASSISTANCE
MREI aims to support deserving/meritorious students in availing financial assistance for pursuing their higher education. In order to encourage students to take up higher education despite their financial shortcomings, nowadays, most banks are providing attractive loan facility to students.
A separate Cell has been set-up for providing assistance in education loan from all Nationalized Banks. The aim of the Cell is:
- To assist the students/parents to know more about the eligibility criteria, documents required by bank.
- To assist them to fill the loan application form.
- To provide them with the University documents required by bank.
Manav Rachna Campus has a Punjab National Bank Branch. The branch also coordinates with other PNB Branches and tries to sort out the problems faced by students. However students are free to avail loan from any bank. Representatives of some Banks remain available in campus during Physical Counseling days.
Documents generally required by Banks for Education Loan
- Loan application form
- 10th mark sheet
- 10+2 mark sheet`-
- Age proof (Applicant & Co-applicant)
- Residence Proof
- PAN Card (Applicant + Co-applicant)
- Income Proof
- ITR /Form 16 (3 years for business man /2 years for service persons)
- Photo (one each of student & parent)
- Admission Letter from University
- Fee Schedule
- University Prospectus
- 3 months salary slip (for service man only.)
- 12 months bank statement
- List of assets & liability
CANTEEN & CAFETERIAS
Manav Rachna Campus has well stocked canteen and cafeteria, Hot Embers, Nescafe, Hunger Cure etc., which provide daily necessities to students in hygienic environment & good ambiance. Recently WH Smith, have also commissioned their a renowned world famous departmental store, outlet at MREI Campus. These outlets can cater to all daily needs of students at campus and the hostellers alike.
CAMPUS WIDE SURVELLIANCE
Manav Rachna Campus is fully under CCTV survelliance at all the times of the day. This provides a better degree of security especially for the female students.
Students shall be provided with Group Insurance for under Personal Accident Policy to cover the following benefits:
- Re-imbursement upto 1 lac in case of permanent disability or death of the insurer.
- Accident Medical Expenses upto Rs. 10000 per incident for the insurer, covering both Inpatient hospitalization and OPD expenses. It includes services of a Physician, Hospital confinement and use of operating room anesthetics, x-ray examinations or treatment laboratory tests, ambulance charges, drugs and medicines etc.
- Protection of fee payable upto Rs. 4 Lacs for the remaining duration of the course in case of accidental death of the earning parent of the insurer. In case, both the parent of the student are earning, he/she would be required to declare through a sworn affidavit duly attested by the Notary Public the name of the first parent who is responsible for paying the fee of the insurer. The benefit of protection of fee payable shall be given in the case of accidental death of such parent only.