For Central Library Website, please click here
Qualification: M. Lib. & Info. Science, UGC-NET Experience: 22 Years
Area of interest: Reference & Research Services, Application of ICT
Awards: Recipient of U.S. Department of State, Foreign Service National Exchange Program and U.S. Department of State Meritorious Honor Service Award
“A University is usually described as a community where scholars and teachers are the head, students are the body and the library its heart. If the body is to perform its functions properly and efficiently its heart must be strong and efficient in its functioning”.
A well-equipped Library is an icon of quality education in its supreme form. This philosophy truly reflects @ Dr. O.P. Bhalla Central Library. Manav Rachna offers a network of libraries and information centers for academics, learning and research pursuits.
Dr. O.P. Bhalla Central Library offers a platform for research, innovation and development. It has a collection of more than 3, 00,000 documents in print and electronic format.
Key features of the Library Network Include:
- Access to a network of 22 Department, Faculty of Central Library on the Campus
- Fully web-based operations and services
- My Account, Ask a Librarian Service
- Access to over 1,35,000 print books
- e-Readers Kindles
- e-Books package comprising of over 1,45,000 books
- Over 30,000 E-Journals from leading publishers and societies like IEEE, ASME, ASCE.
- Institutional membership of Developing Library Network offering access to over 5000 libraries across South Asia.
- UGC Digital Library Constoritum e-Shodh Sindhu.
- Institutional Membership of the American Library and
- Theses, Project Reports and Dissertations.
In addition to above, the central library deploys:
- OPAC – Libsys Web 7.0 System OPAC address: http://libopac.mrei.ac.in which offers user interactive services.
- Remote access of library resources through Ezproxy.
- Single point of access for Content Management System for e-Learning through Library Portal www.central-library.mriu.edu.in
- MOOCs, NPTEL Video Lectures and Open Access Resources.
- Insta Alert Service that enables users to know immediately any transaction done to their account.
- Current Awareness Service like Book Alert Service, Article Alert Service and Book Review Service.
Smart Card enabled, RFID and Wi-Fi enabled library is offering the latest stateof-the art technological applications including e-books, audio-books, e-journals, kindles to maximize the use and ease of library resources.
Single Window Search solution offers researchers paradise by making all library resources available at a single click. 24×7 availability of library resources beyond campus through remote access provides unhindered access to resources.
To students at Manav Rachna, it offers a perfect platform for research, innovation & development and a tranquil ambience to explore the world of books. The fact that it was set up in the memory of Founder Visionary who always ensured world class infrastructure for the students, speaks volumes about its facilities and far reaching impact.
The collection offers a range of text books, reference books and general reading material for enrichment and development.
The library remains open 8:00 A.M.- 8:00 P.M. Monday to Saturday and 9:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M. on Sundays to cater to academic and research demands of its academic community. The Central Library is the heart of the campus. With dedicated sections like Discussion Rooms, Audio Visual Rooms, Digital Library and a separate enclosure for Research and Reference, the Central Library indeed the most happening place on the campus. As a New Age library, it provides unlimited access to information in many formats and from many sources. It offers best of both the worlds ie. Print and Digital. The Library with its state-ofthe-art infrastructure, plush and spacious settings, aesthetically done up interiors and huge collection of documents is bibliophile’s dream come true.
The Library team welcomes you to the world of knowledge!!