MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
Oral Medicine & Radiology
- To give clinical diagnosis of oral diseases.
- To give clinical diagnosis of systemic diseases based on oral findings.
- Performing investigations and treatment planning in management of oral diseases.
- Radiological and imageological workup of oral diseases and give a radiological diagnosis.
- Non-surgical management of oral diseases where applicable.
- Dental management of medically compromised patients.
- Management of medical emergencies in dentistry.
The CDE programmes in the specialty focus on a multi disciplinary approach and encourage the participation from all departments. A CDE programme cum workshop titled “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOSTATISTICS”was organized by the department on February 12th and 13th, 2015 with Dr. L. Nagesh, Dr. Giridhar J Gyani, Dr. R.M. Pandey and Dr. Arpit Gupta as guest speakers.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- A 100 kVp Extraoral machine has been added to the armamentarium for imaging of skull, chest and long bones.
- The department of Oral Medicine and Radiology at MRDC is equipped with the latest intra oral and extra oral (panoramic and cepahlometric) digital imaging systems in addition to 17 state of the art electronic dental chair/units. The radiology section has stringent radiation protection norms in place.
- The departmental library has adequate quality reading material in the form of books and journals to stimulate the inquisitive mind. These academic sources are used by the students and Interns to make regular scientific presentations in the department and is source of valuable information for the postgraduate students.