Minimum eligibility criteria
A person seeking admission in BDS programme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- Only NEET qualified candidates are eligible for admission.
- He / She will attain the age of 17 years or more on 31-12-2016. The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
In case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/ Scheduled tribes/ Other Backward Classes the marks obtained be read as 40% instead of 50%.
- The candidate who have passed qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible provided they fulfill the conditions laid sown at ii) above.
- Diploma in Pharmacy and Dresser’s Course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission in BDS course.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to the MDS course if he /she:
- has qualified NEET.
- has passed the BDS examination from any Dental College / Institution approved / recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- has completed satisfactorily one year compulsory rotating internship by 31.03.2016 from colleges recognized by Dental Council of India for this purpose.
- has been registered permanently with the State Dental Council / DCI at the time of admission; and Possess a certificate of good conduct from the Head of Institution last attended
The candidate is also required to produce the above-mentioned certificates (A-C) in original at the time of counseling without which the admission shall not be granted.
A candidate who is already admitted to a course in any institution is eligible to apply for another course only after having passed the first course. He/She will be required to give an undertaking to this effect. Concealment of facts will invite disqualification.
After commencement and joining of the MDS course if a candidate leaves it before completion of full period, the Bond/Bank Guarantee for two Year Tuition fee of the MDS degree course, furnished by the candidate at the time of admission, will be invoked.
Candidates already in service must submit their application form through their employer or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer on or before the last date of receipt of application form.
Admission to the MDS programmes shall be provisional subject to final registration by the affiliating University i.e. Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.