MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
Master of Dental Surgery
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- A person seeking admission in BDS programme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- Only NEET qualified candidates are eligible for admission.
- He / She will attain the age of 17 years or more on 31-12-2016. The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
In case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/ Scheduled tribes/ Other Backward Classes the marks obtained be read as 40% instead of 50%.
- The candidate who have passed qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible provided they fulfill the conditions laid sown at ii) above.
- Diploma in Pharmacy and Dresser’s Course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission in BDS course.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to the MDS course if he /she:
- has qualified NEET.
- has passed the BDS examination from any Dental College / Institution approved / recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- has completed satisfactorily one year compulsory rotating internship by 31.03.2016 from colleges recognized by Dental Council of India for this purpose.
- has been registered permanently with the State Dental Council / DCI at the time of admission; and Possess a certificate of good conduct from the Head of Institution last attended
The candidate is also required to produce the above-mentioned certificates (A-C) in original at the time of counseling without which the admission shall not be granted.
A candidate who is already admitted to a course in any institution is eligible to apply for another course only after having passed the first course. He/She will be required to give an undertaking to this effect. Concealment of facts will invite disqualification.
After commencement and joining of the MDS course if a candidate leaves it before completion of full period, the Bond/Bank Guarantee for two Year Tuition fee of the MDS degree course, furnished by the candidate at the time of admission, will be invoked.
Candidates already in service must submit their application form through their employer or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer on or before the last date of receipt of application form.
Admission to the MDS programmes shall be provisional subject to final registration by the affiliating University i.e. Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
DURATION OF COURSE
The normal period of completing the MDS course shall be three academic years including the period of examination.
DISTRIBUTION OF SEATS
|Specialties||Total No. of Seats||Seats to be filled by State Govt.||Seats to be filled up at College Level|
|MDS in Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3||2||1|
|MDS in Oral Medicine and Radiology||3||2||1|
|MDS in Periodontics||3||2||1|
|MDS in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3||1||2|
|MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||3||2||1|
|MDS in Oral Pathology & Microbiology||3||2||1|
|MDS in Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||3||2||1|
*These are tentative division of seats and are subject to change by the State Govt.
Process of Admission
Admissions against Seats to be filled up at College Level will be done in a fair and transparent manner by the College by adhering to the directions of the Government of India, the Dental Council of India and by following any fair, suitable and transparent process such as on the basis of merit of the AIPGDEE. Left over seats under NRI category / after Counselling conducted by Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak shall also be filled up at the College level as per the direction of the Government of India/ Dental Council of India/ any competent authority.
Syllabus of subjects of studies in the specialties of MDS / P. G. Diploma course will be as prescribed by Dental Council of India and Approved by Academic council of Pt. B. D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
A report on every student shall be obtained from his/her Supervisor (Countersigned by the Dean) four to six months after the start of the course regarding his/her satisfactory participation /work in the course. The admission is liable to be cancelled if the report is unsatisfactory. On completion of the probation period each candidate will be re-assessed. In case his/her performance is satisfactory the admission shall be regularized. However, if his/her performance is unsatisfactory, the admission will be cancelled.
The examination shall be held twice in a year one regular in the month of April and the other supplementary in the month of October without and with late fee as fixed by the Vice-Chancellor. The dates fixed for receipt of application form and fee for examination without and with late fee as fixed by the Vice-Chancellor shall be notified by the Controller of examinations/ Registrar.
MDS -FEE STRUCTURE FOR 2016-17
The candidates shall be required to deposit the following fee on the spot, at the time of physical counselling for admission through Demand Draft payable in favour of Manav Rachna Dental College drawn at a RBI approved Bank and payable at Faridabad. Payment through cheque shall not be accepted. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot immediately after allotment of seat, he / she will lose the opportunity and the seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
|1||Tuition Fee & DEVELOPMENT FEE||685000|
|3||GYM & SPORT CHARGES||5000|
|7||RESEARCH & CONSUMABLE CHARGES||35000|
Note: However, the fees mentioned above are subject to change with the approval of State Govt. of Haryana or Hon’ble Courts of Law or any other competent authority. In addition to the above, hostel, mess, Transport charges etc. where ever applicable will be charged accordingly.