New developments are forcing us to face the challenges of living in an extremely competitive and fast moving world where one has to be spontaneous and aware enough about market and its demand. Many students think that the process of preparing and cracking an entrance exam starts during school or college years. Under all the emerging uncertainties, the million dollar question that bothers us to think is ‘What is the right time to start?’.
The ideal way to start preparing for new competitions is when you prepare for your primary education. Children at this stage are very inquisitive and flexible enough to adapt the changes and learning process is very quick. Parents and teachers should start streamlining their thinking process of developing realistic dreams and deciding aims for the life. The process should be such that there are no compulsions, extortions (e.g negative motivation, mental/ emotional pressure etc.) or dictatorial impositions while making childs’ career decision making. Most importantly students’ should be provided an exposure of practical implications along with the theoretical knowledge, motivating them to accept real life challenges waiting them in the society. This can be achieved by not only the conceptual building, reasoning and analytical development but also the confidence and behavioral development.
Students in order to effectively practice to clear the entrance exams at different levels must follow some basic but important guidelines:
- Develop a habit of reading: The first hack to crack entrance exam is to develop a reading habit- be it a newspaper, novel, books, biographies, and case studies. However, reading a newspaper would be the most beneficial as it will help you develop business jargons of modern world. Some good English daily with quality editorial would be the best option. This will also develop reading, reasoning, analytical and comprehensive abilities with time. Learn and add at least 10 new words to your vocabulary daily. Follow this religiously!
- Identify your key interest areas: Do self-analysis and identify your strengths and weaknesses in order to shortlist the courses in which you are interested and enjoy studying. But this implies that there is a need to focus on other subjects as well.
- Time management: Time management is one of the important aspects to crack an entrance exam. This not only applies to the study schedule but attempting the paper as well. Drafting study schedule would be highly practical and realistic. Additionally, Practicing sample papers and mock test papers will assure you of the time management skills by the time your exams start.
- Practice makes a man perfect: Practice, practice and practice to achieve your cherished goal! This is the thumb rule for cracking exams. Ensure that your concepts are clear and you are aware of all the right ways to solve questions within timeframe.
- Prepare conceptual framework: Start learning from the basic step i.e. basic concepts and thereafter move to higher and difficult levels of concepts. Thoroughly read the current affairs for sections like data sufficiency and general awareness. For verbal ability, one can go through Economic Times, novels, case studies of industry, Wren & Martin grammar book.
Choose the best alternative rather than blindly following other’s choices …
Be confident and do your best!