MANAV RACHNA RESEARCH INNOVATION & INCUBATION CENTRE
Award Winning Projects in the area of Innovation and Incubation
- Team of MRIIRS (formely MRIU) won 2nd position in Intel Higher Education challenge 2017
- Imagine Cup 2017 – Project “SWASTIKA” Selected for National Finals of Microsoft Imagine Cup 2017.
- Team of MRIIRS with its Mobile Controlled Escalade Robot won the 2nd Prize in IIT Guwahati Techniche 2017.
- Albatros a startup company by students of MRIIRS participated in the 22nd edition of the “World Electronics Forum 2017” held in Angers, France
- The project “LOTO” developed by students of MRIIRS (formely MRIU) selected for Rapid Proto typing camp for which the final competition to be held at IISC Bangalore.
- ‘Spiro Studio’ bagged Infosys prestigious First Infys Makers Awards, India under the health category & won a cash prize of Rs. 5 lac.
- Won the Jury’s Choice Award in the prestigious ‘Innovation Jockey Season 5: The Hunt for India’s most Innovative Minds’ held in Bengaluru.
- Students of Manav Rachna won 1st Prize in Meltingpot 2020 for Manouve, a device that improves vision which were nominated based on their ingenuity and social impact and were decided by an eminent jury comprising of Prof S. Sadagopan, Director, IIITB; Prof Rishikesha Krishnan, Director, IIM Indore and Prof Anindya Chatterjee from IIT Kanpur.
- Solar Driven Car made by students of Automobile Engineering Garvit Dudeja, Chirag Malhotra & Rais Raja under the guidance of Mr. Harpinder Singh has been awarded with (1st Runner-up) in the “Student Innovator of the Year” award category at the Indian Automotive Technology and Innovation Awards (IATIA) for the year 2016. An Award of Euro 450 were given in the form of Journals and Books during the Award Ceremony to the students for the application-‘Enhancement of Electric Vehicles with Safety Devices’
Apart from these, young innovators and affiliates of MRIIC units achieved success in the following areas:
- National & International level project Competitions like Microsoft Imagine Cup, Accenture Innovation Jockey, Intel Embedded Challenge, TI Innovation Challenge, Design Challenge and participating in Intel Higher Education challenge 2017
- Mechanical, Automobile and Aeronautical Cluster organized Advanced Trainings in the area of CATIA (V-5) for faculty members and final year students of B.Tech. The training was started from 5th June 2017 on the lines of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s dream to provide Skill-based education to youngsters. Eight groups comprising of 01 faculty mentor and 03 students of final year attained training on specified problem (decided mutually consulting problem bank provided by the training partner) followed by a project work on design & analysis and a research publication at the end of VII semester. The group-based learning platform is created comprising selective faculty mentors and final year students of Mechanical, Automobile and Aeronautical engineering to work on complex challenges inherent in today’s smart and connected products. This will impart key skills and expertise required to bridge the gap and make students employable.
- 85 B.Tech graduates imparted basic training on two wheeler servicing and Conducted summer camp for school children under Automotive Training and Research Centre in Association with Honda Motor Cycles and Scooters India (HMSI) Private Limited
- Winners of Intel Embedded Design Challenge and participating in Intel Higher Education challenge 2017
- Consultancy projects received by Electronics and Electrical Clusters from industries.
- 108 Students & 15 Faculty members successfully trained & certified under Reliance Jio Centre of Excellence
- 74 candidates successfully trained under Systems & Application Products in data Processing
- 3 students of Computing Cluster successfully entered Microsoft Imagine Cup National 2017
- 2 students of Computing Cluster successfully amongst top 3 honorable mentions in Ericsson Innovation 2017
- 60 students trained for basic and advanced android app development under Computing Cluster
- Trained 40 faculty members on research writing under Computing Cluster
- 41 faculty members trained on Python and R programming under Computing Cluster
- Trained 46 summer interns in-house over 100 hrs. by Computing Cluster
- Computing Cluster and Molecular Biosciences Cluster Labs. are in the establishment phase.
- Civil, Architecture and Design cluster organized “D-War” competition wherein 25 teams from Delhi-NCR participated. Students also won prizes at reputed institution for innovative projects developed by civil engineering students.
- Material Science Cluster trained research affiliates in Advanced Technologies like Spectroscopic techniques include ICP-OES, FTIR, STA at Agilent Technologies and Perkin Elmer.
- 24 proposals submitted to Govt. Funding agencies by Research and Innovation clusters.
- More than 100 research papers published by the affiliates of MRIIC in Scopus, Web of Science listed journals and 150 research papers were presented by faculty and students in Conferences MRIIC facilitated to file 115 Provisional Patents, 3 complete patent applications and 01 copyright.